Please help me decide on a SLI motherboard

noacess

Limp Gawd
Alright here is my delema: I'm getting a venice 3200+ from the AMD tech tour next Thursday. I want to have the option for SLI so I need a new motherboard. I've narrowed my choices down to the following:

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI

I'll be running the following parts in the system:

ENERMAX Whisper II EG565P-VE FMA2.0 ATX12V 535W Power Supply
SB Audigy 2 ZS
PCI-e Leadtek Geforce 6800 Ultra
1 GeIL Value 1GB (2 x 512MB) PC3200
1 Mushkin Value 1GB (2 x 512MB) PC3200
1 74GB raptor
2 200GB WD Drives
1 NEC 3240a
1 liteon cdrw/dvd drive (I forget the modal)
All in my CM Stacker

I realize I'll be running 4 sticks of relatively crappy ram so I wont be able to overclock extreme high. That said, I do want to overclock some but it doesnt have to be anything incredible. I'm just want everything to run stable. I'll probably be getting dual core this xmas but I need this 3200 to hold me till then. Any input on which motherboard I should get for my setup would be appreciated.

Thanks.

well--you can set the ram divisors to run the ram at it's rated speed of around 3200 and set it to t2/2.5cl

as far as overclocking the DFI with the 618 and newer bios is very good and it's compatibility problems with ram is gone as far as i know -- seems like geil was one of the rams that the DFI hated--lol

my ultra d seemed to hate my chepo inferion chip value ram--but i updated the bios to 618-003beta and now it overclocks very well with it--can't complain at all.

the asus should be a good MB-- i like the asus a little better for sli because there is alot more space between the pci-express slots --but i suppose that depends on the size of your HS&F on the videocards .

the asus also overclocks well but mi a8n don't seem to get a crap-core as high as the DFI. but with a good cpu--it will overclock allmost as high as the dfi at the same volts.

Back