Please Help An Audio Noob

mercury529

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I recently ordered a set of Logitech z-5500s for $160 shipped (Buy.com had a rebate, free shipping, and $10 off an order for new customers). I got the speakers because they were widely recommended as the best computer speakers that weren't discontinued. General consensus seemed to be that while they could not compare to the quality of using your own receiver/speakers, they were an excellent way to go if you did not have the money to go with building your own set.

I would like to best take advantage of the speaker set (without having to invest too much money ideally). I currently have an Audigy 4 (non-pro). I intend to use the speakers for gaming, watching movies, and listening to music (big surprise there I am sure). What is the ideal setup for this with my current card/speakers? As I understand it, I will have to use standard analog sound for games since EAX won't be output through digital. What will I have to purchase to hook up the digital component for movies/songs? How can I tweak my speakers/sound card settings to get the best possible sound from them? Are there any other important considerations I should be aware of?

Thank you for any help you can give. I appreciate it.

Back