Specifications:
Machine #1 (AKA TheCowBoy's machine)
Abit NF7-S v2.0 (Latest BIOS)
Barton 2500+ (Or 1900+, the Barton is BRAND new, and untested)
Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB
SB Audigy 1
2x512 Corsair XMS3200
PSU: Aspire 550w Blue
OS: Windows 2000 Professional SP4
Machine #2 (AKA my friend's machine)
Abit NF7-S v2.0
AMD Athlon XP 1700+ DLT3C (Never OC'ed)
ATi Radeon 9800 Regular
Onboard Sound
2x512 Geil PC3200
PSU: Antec 430 TruePower
OS: Windows 2000 Professional SP3
Backstory:
I just purchased the Barton from a local computer store, and installed it in my machine. This CPU was new and untested, but every other component worked yesterday. Upon installing it into my machine, I proceeded to connect everything properly, or as correctly as I know how. Once assembled, I plugged the machine in, hit power, AND...no display. I shutdown, pull the plug from the back, let the machine sit for a few moments, plug it back in, still nothing. Next, I pull my card out and stick in a GF3 Ti200, boot the machine back up and STILL no display. Next, I put in a PCI 7500, and again, no display. My friend suggests, meanwhile, that he try my card in his machine, just to see if it's my card. While I'm fidling with the other two cards, he correctly installs my 9800 Pro to his box, and proceeds to power up, with the result being no display. At roughly the same time, I finish with the other two cards, still recieving no display, though the monitors always say that we both have signals. He proceeds to remove my card from his machine, and reconnect his, so we can do EXACTLY what I'm doing right now, and now, he no longer has display on a card that worked 30 minutes ago.
Questions:
1) Are both our machines the result of the problem? (i.e. My 9800 Pro)
2) If the problems are seperate, is my Barton bad, but his BIOS corrupt, or something similar?
3) Did my card simply short out both boxes?
4) What else haven't we thought of?
Any and all helpful reponses are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Machine #1 (AKA TheCowBoy's machine)
Abit NF7-S v2.0 (Latest BIOS)
Barton 2500+ (Or 1900+, the Barton is BRAND new, and untested)
Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB
SB Audigy 1
2x512 Corsair XMS3200
PSU: Aspire 550w Blue
OS: Windows 2000 Professional SP4
Machine #2 (AKA my friend's machine)
Abit NF7-S v2.0
AMD Athlon XP 1700+ DLT3C (Never OC'ed)
ATi Radeon 9800 Regular
Onboard Sound
2x512 Geil PC3200
PSU: Antec 430 TruePower
OS: Windows 2000 Professional SP3
Backstory:
I just purchased the Barton from a local computer store, and installed it in my machine. This CPU was new and untested, but every other component worked yesterday. Upon installing it into my machine, I proceeded to connect everything properly, or as correctly as I know how. Once assembled, I plugged the machine in, hit power, AND...no display. I shutdown, pull the plug from the back, let the machine sit for a few moments, plug it back in, still nothing. Next, I pull my card out and stick in a GF3 Ti200, boot the machine back up and STILL no display. Next, I put in a PCI 7500, and again, no display. My friend suggests, meanwhile, that he try my card in his machine, just to see if it's my card. While I'm fidling with the other two cards, he correctly installs my 9800 Pro to his box, and proceeds to power up, with the result being no display. At roughly the same time, I finish with the other two cards, still recieving no display, though the monitors always say that we both have signals. He proceeds to remove my card from his machine, and reconnect his, so we can do EXACTLY what I'm doing right now, and now, he no longer has display on a card that worked 30 minutes ago.
Questions:
1) Are both our machines the result of the problem? (i.e. My 9800 Pro)
2) If the problems are seperate, is my Barton bad, but his BIOS corrupt, or something similar?
3) Did my card simply short out both boxes?
4) What else haven't we thought of?
Any and all helpful reponses are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.