Please give us more PPP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobusta1

2[H]4U
My only grip with this site is the lack of a higher PPP (posts per page) option. I HATE with a passion having to click to view different pages and becaues this is [H] it's not unusual to for any old thread to read 10+ pages easily.

I propse a 200 PPP option :D

Get a grip!

Forty is fine for me. I wouldn't mind fifty. I doubt many people would want pages 200 posts long, and it'd be significantly more taxing server-side.

My only grip with this site is the lack of a higher PPP (posts per page) option. I HATE with a passion having to click to view different pages and becaues this is [H] it's not unusual to for any old thread to read 10+ pages easily.

A whole ten pages? Wow. I post on forums where there are threads with 300 to 500+ threads. That sucks at 20 PPP, thankfully, they've changed to 40 or 50 ppp

Get a grip!

Forty is fine for me. I wouldn't mind fifty. I doubt many people would want pages 200 posts long, and it'd be significantly more taxing server-side.

since it would be a bigger load on the servers, how about giving this kind of option (although 200 is a bit ridiculous) to genmay members, maybe 60-70 PPP?

I believe this proposal will be declined by Kyle, as well as myself.

There is no reason to load 200 posts per page.

You can always set your option to 40 in your usercp options.

It's just not economical...

Why load up 200 posts (resources, bandwidth) when you only look at the first 50?

Rationale of keeping it low is understandable to me.

I already have it set to the max and I'm still getting like 20+ pages. 200 PPP isn't ridiculous, plenty of forums have it ([M] has it so does notebookreview just to name a few).

Why load up 200 posts (resources, bandwidth) when you only look at the first 50?

:confused:

Who only looks at the first 50? I usually skip through the entire thread and whatever jumps at me I read.

I read threads throughout the day, 7 days a week at 20ppp and don't have a problem withj it....matter if fact, it speeds things up for me and keeps things simple.

At any rate, your suggestion has been noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back