• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please excuse my above average noob level.

Nephron

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
1,361
So, right now I currently have the system below:


Intel 2600k
SaberTooth p67
16 Gigs of PC1600 Ripjaws X series
Noctua DH-14
Corsair Force 3 series 120GB drive (Serial 1123)


So my question to you [H], right now I know that my choice in SSD's could of been better since the Force 3 drive I have is asynchronous rather then synchronous.

Would I be looking at a better overall speed with my system if I were to go with a drive such as Corsair Force Series GT series?

I've been reading and I'm a bit confused on what drives are affected by bad firmware and what drives are having straight up BSOD's and freeze issues. What do you guys suggest for a mid-high end gaming rig?

I'm looking to gain pretty much in better loading times with OS / games / apps.


Thanks guys,
 
Last edited:
While a different SSD might be faster in theoretical benchmarks, I don't know that it would be noticeably faster in real world use, so unless you are having problems with the existing drive I wouldn't worry too much about it.
 
according to Anandtech possibly all Sandforce 2xxx series are affected.
Stick with Crucial, intel, Samsung
 
So you're saying I won't notice a difference between my current SSD and the GT series?

What about http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/08/03/nand_flash_faces_off_synchronous_vs_asynchronous ?

I can't say I've ever tried it personally, but in real world usage I don't think you are going to see a difference, no. I've twice switched from a "slow" SSD to a "fast" one, and both times the difference was negligible - bulk copies were faster, but the day to day random access stuff didn't have an impact.

Unless you can do it quite cheaply, I wouldn't bother changing it out right now, unless you are having other problems as well.
 
Back
Top