• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please critique this new computer-to-be

karmasoft

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 20, 2004
Messages
88
Almost everything is ready...

theshreeaderboxed014dq.jpg


...thoughts?
 
what? No dual 6800GTs?

well that sucks. you should box it all up and send it to me.
 
vapb400 said:
why'd u even get an SLI mobo? why not just a NF4 ultra?

Gee, I dunno, because maybe he wants to use SLI in the future? SLI provides good upgradability.
 
Wanted to keep the option of going SLI open in the future. For now I had to have dual-link support because the monitor (not shown) is a Cinema Display 30". I didn't see the need to fork over $1150 x2 = $2300 for the cheapest dual-link SLI solution at this time.
 
I think he was trying to say when get the Nvidia SLI board with an ATI card that is more than likely not going to be compatible with Nvidia's SLI =/

Why not get the 6800GT or such so then later you dont need to buy two Nvidia cards and throw that FireGL somewhere else.
 
Got it. I figured someday the Quadra's would come down in price so maybe I could upgrade to an nvidia sli solution. For now the 6800 doesn't support dual-link, which I need. So I went with the, "cheapest, best available, dual-link" solution, ie, the v7100. I bought the sli mobo over the ultra for, "future-proofing" reasons, plus the sli's came out b4 the ultra's and I didn't want to wait any more. :D
 
All those pieces are second rate man...You should send them to me and I can get you some quality replacements. :D

Make sure you dont shock kill something putting that baby together.
 
Back
Top