As I have time before Devil's Canyon chips are released I'm planning my new rig thoroughly. I'm reusing a Thermochill PA140.3 radiator and a HDD waterblock from my current setup and building the case out of plywood around these two components. I'll Dremel an ATX motherboard tray from an olde case down to MicroATX to mount it in the white section. Assembled & sectioned like so (hinges not shown):
Parts:
CPU: Devil's Canyon i5-4690K
CPU waterblock: EK Supreme Acetal
GPU: Single nVidia 8XX
GPU waterblock: EKWB with backplate
Mobo: Asus Gene VII
Audio: Asus Xonar Essence STX & Sennheiser HD650
RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 1866, 1.5v
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 550W 80+ Platinum, non-modular cabling
SSD: M.2 - waiting for something from Computex. Slots directly onto the motherboard.
HDDs: WD Red 3TB + olde WD Green 2TB I already own; the HDD block fits two 3.25" drives
Fans: 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM
Radiator: Thermochill PA140.3
HDD waterblock: Watercool Silentstar HD-Dual Rev.2
Pump + reservoir: AquaComputer Eheim 1046 that runs off 12v and is USB-controllable + a delrin reservoir that plugs directly onto the pump
Filters: Single DemciFlex for intake, two for exhaust: 2x140mm on the lid and one behind the PSU to fit its grill.
Other: 1/2" ID Norprene tubing, Monsoon fittings, Gelid Solutions GC Extreme paste (Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra is too bothersome), no LEDs.
Thoughts?
- HDD waterblock on the left next to the pump + res.
- The motherboard compartment is raised so there is 2cm of free space underneath it allowing me to run tubing & cabling out of sight.
- Water flow is radiator -> HDD block -> pump -> GPU -> CPU -> radiator.
- Slim BD drive on the left. Power and reset buttons go between it and the radiator along with two USB 3.0 connectors (not pictured). I won't be needing front panel audio connectors.
- For coolant I'll run car battery water (distilled & de-ionized) with an anti algaecide agent. None of the watercooling components let light hit water.
Parts:
CPU: Devil's Canyon i5-4690K
CPU waterblock: EK Supreme Acetal
GPU: Single nVidia 8XX
GPU waterblock: EKWB with backplate
Mobo: Asus Gene VII
Audio: Asus Xonar Essence STX & Sennheiser HD650
RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 1866, 1.5v
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 550W 80+ Platinum, non-modular cabling
SSD: M.2 - waiting for something from Computex. Slots directly onto the motherboard.
HDDs: WD Red 3TB + olde WD Green 2TB I already own; the HDD block fits two 3.25" drives
Fans: 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM
Radiator: Thermochill PA140.3
HDD waterblock: Watercool Silentstar HD-Dual Rev.2
Pump + reservoir: AquaComputer Eheim 1046 that runs off 12v and is USB-controllable + a delrin reservoir that plugs directly onto the pump
Filters: Single DemciFlex for intake, two for exhaust: 2x140mm on the lid and one behind the PSU to fit its grill.
Other: 1/2" ID Norprene tubing, Monsoon fittings, Gelid Solutions GC Extreme paste (Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra is too bothersome), no LEDs.
Thoughts?