Please critique build

DPO

Weaksauce
About to click buy on all this...I have the OS and Case..will use stock cooler for now. Thinking I could possibly go the 550w PSU.
Also back and forth on the board...this or the pro 4 asrock. All the same I suppose.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.46 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($80.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($117.60 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card ($744.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1383.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-15 20:27 EDT-0400

looks good, i'd stick with the 650w if you have any plans to overclock the 1080ti or r5 1600. just a reminder the ripjaw V 3000/3200 are hynix chips and highly recommend disabling gear down mode(GDM) and DDR4 power down if you have the options in the bios.

Reactions: DPO
like this
Yeah its fine build it

looks good, i'd stick with the 650w if you have any plans to overclock the 1080ti or r5 1600. just a reminder the ripjaw V 3000/3200 are hynix chips and highly recommend disabling gear down mode(GDM) and DDR4 power down if you have the options in the bios.

Thank you both...should I switch out the Memory for a different type? It arrived today...but I am in no hurry to build.

Thank you both...should I switch out the Memory for a different type? It arrived today...but I am in no hurry to build.

nah the memory is perfectly fine.. i run the same model ram you have just the 3200 version since it was on sale even though i knew i wouldn't be able to get 3200mhz out of them. i've had zero issues with the ram once i disabled those two memory settings in my bios, before that the system would act a bit weird due to data corruption in the memory but never enough to crash programs or bsod.

Parts! One concern..The box Newegg sent the Motherboard and memory was sealed and packed well, however the motherboard box was not sealed at all, not with a sticker or clear celophane..nothing. Im ok with it if this is normal ..is it? Been 6 yrs or more since ive ordered pc parts from them. A few bags ( full unopened) strewn around in the box but everything looked ok
2017-10-18%2015.14.21_zpsmga1dvti.jpg
G]

Last edited:
Not sure why my post above got all wonkey with text at the top and bottom..??

Not sure why my post above got all wonkey with text at the top and bottom..??

Right after you typed "ok." hit the enter key to bring the image below the text.

Also only one image is displaying.

Where in the bios memory settings will I find those two settings?

Re
q1blofW.jpg
d and Black looks great..when I took I took these pics...I had my lights on blue. Sorry for the delay. Everything running great..will OC once I get a h20 cooler. Memory OC'ed great 1st time..at 2933 stable. New at uploading pics from Imigur..hope this works.

8OI62ve.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics...f/ my camera and the light in my home is weird

Yeah those pics suck. Haha.

Build looks pretty good though. I bet it looks even better if the lights are red however.

Nice!

Have you stressed it out to see what kind of temps you get yet?

Nice!

Have you stressed it out to see what kind of temps you get yet?
Stock cooler..in Prime it ran around 48 c . Just playing games it run 29-31 c. Next week I will get a better cooler. Memory OC'ed easy..havent tried cpu yet.

So still on stock cooler for now but have it clocked @ 3800 / 1.321 v, stable in aida and prime at 49 c, runs idle around 41-43c. edit: I sped up the CPU fan to 21xx and it runs idle at 39-40 c . Should I keep it here or lower it back down until I get a better cooler?

https://valid.x86.fr/evvxk0

Last edited:
So still on stock cooler for now but have it clocked @ 3800 / 1.321 v, stable in aida and prime at 49 c, runs idle around 41-43c. edit: I sped up the CPU fan to 21xx and it runs idle at 39-40 c . Should I keep it here or lower it back down until I get a better cooler?

https://valid.x86.fr/evvxk0

Your temperatures are nowhere near concerning. Heck, my stock cooler in my i2300 was so caked with dust, I decided to look at temps, it was reaching over 80 C, was probably running at that temperature for over a year, it's still kicking.

But anyway, I doubt temps in the 40's and 50's are anything to worry about, even 60's are probably okay.

edit: I should add that I've since gone to an aftermarket cooler and am seeing temps in the high 30's, low 40's at idle and no more than 50 at load.

Last edited:
Reactions: DPO
like this
Back