Please advise re: ASUS P5B-E mobo settings for E6400 slight overclock...

OsageCowboy

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I am running an ASUS P5B-E with the E6400 CPU with stock cooling and the Antec Nine Hundred case, which keeps things reasonably cool (i.e. at 50 degrees when running at 110% via the AI NOS utility).

Can you please give me a good setup for a slight overclock (as in that which would keep me in a safe range temperature wise) for the BIOS settings.

I'm not extremely proficient with convert FSB speeds and multipliers into net cpu gHz, so again any further assistance is welcome and awesome.

Thanks!

as a note, I am currently running the ASUS AI NOS application and have the settings geared towards "manual / heavy load / 110%" with the Q-FAN enabled and "performance selected."

ASUS AI indicates I am averaging the following numbers:

FSB: 1067.45
2134.91 mHz
266.83 x 08.0

What does this translate to? Am I reading it correctly that I'm getting a bare minimum overclock with these settings?

Does this program just gradually overclock the CPU as is needed? It's all new to me, so I appreciate any insight.

there are a ton of overclocking guides if you use the search feature in this forum & others, as well as google.

i have seen them, but i'm wanting some more specific instruction based upon this set up so as to keep it safe.

i am using OCZ DDR2 Gold RAM @ 2.0V and 800mHz.

Lock the PCI and PCIe busses (33.33mhz and 101mhz)

Put the DDR533 divider on

Turn off Spread Spectrum

Set your RAM voltage to 2.1v (I think that's the highest)

Set CPU Voltage to 1.35v

Set All Other es (except for CPU and Vdimm) to their minimum values, NOT Auto.

That's about it... Pump the FSB.

could you provide some further advice about what the FSB does in relation to the multiplier? my FSB is rated at 1024 mhz, is this correct?

stock E6400 settings are 333 x 6.0, is that right? sorry for being so new at this....

Back