Playstation plus- worth it?

arr4ws

Supreme [H]ardness
im eyeing to buy a full year subscription to PS+ and would love to get some feedback from H users.

Im looking to get some ''free'' games mostly.

It didn't used to be, but there are a TON of free games for PS+ members now. If you have a Vita, you pretty much get 1/2 of the launch games for free.
I'm probably going to get it again just for all of the freebies.

i thought ps+ was 1 free game per month? Also, don't forget that if u did get it, and then decide not to renew it, u lose those free games too.

Here's my take on it. If you will play the free games and it costs you less than buying them it's good. Also if you buy a ton of PSN store games the PS Plus discount could save quite a bit of money. The games become locked even if installed on your PS3 once the PS Plus subscription runs out. Something to be aware of.

Here's my take on it. If you will play the free games and it costs you less than buying them it's good. Also if you buy a ton of PSN store games the PS Plus discount could save quite a bit of money. The games become locked even if installed on your PS3 once the PS Plus subscription runs out. Something to be aware of.

That only applies to the free games. Any games purchased at a discount, other than 100% off or free, are yours to keep regardless of subscription status. But, that is probably what you meant to convey.

i was aware of the ''free'' games way to work. Any place to get the list of free games that were given?

The playstation plus section on the playstation websites contains the current offered free games. I wouldn't know where to find a list of all previously offered free games if that is what you were looking for.

BioShock 2 is today's new free game when the store updates. Plus is worth it just for the game alone.

Let me understand this - if I get PS+, 'buy' a bunch of the free full games into my account, then my membership expires and a I rejoin a month later, all the free games are lost? I thought they are permanently part of your account, you just need to a PS+ member to download or play them.

Also PS+ has a $12/year offer for Sony's Music Unlimited service. That is also tempting.

Let me understand this - if I get PS+, 'buy' a bunch of the free full games into my account, then my membership expires and a I rejoin a month later, all the free games are lost? I thought they are permanently part of your account, you just need to a PS+ member to download or play them.

As far as I know, the free games remain. After my trial from the PSN outage lapsed and I redeemed a free month trial this past summer, the free games I redeemed from my first trial were available for download.

no , the free games are supposed to be taken away from you .

I wonder what happens when youre not logged in PSN...

I can only imagine the amount of space I'll need in my Vita to be able to house even just 2-3 PSN+ games. Anyone have any numbers?

Not to mention download times...

You are correct you just have to have a active paid membership to ACCESS the games. They are in your history but need the active membership to have access.

From what i understand its like a rental serveice[viz netflix]If you are someone who plays every game that comes by, get it. If you are like me who plays a very few selective games and prefer to own them,stay away.I prefer grabbing some nice titles on deals and owning them.My primary platform is the PC, so VITA is only fills the space when I am traveling.With the crazy prices of vita storage,I prefer just buying them.One other way is to take a 3 month subscription and play all the free titles and stop.

Tomorrow Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and Rochard go up on PS+ for "free".

BioShock 2 is today's new free game when the store updates. Plus is worth it just for the game alone.

Lol, but anyway my only complaint about ps3 plus is that games get pulled off. You gotta get the games added to your account(download not required) quick before they pull them RE5 gold is already gone.

Also they dont have a library of your bought games yet. So one could easily forget what games they have on their account.

Tomorrow Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and Rochard go up on PS+ for "free".

Howed you find that out look like the blog isn't updated yet?

So you have to redeem every free games ? They do not add to your avcount automaticaly?

So you have to redeem every free games ? They do not add to your avcount automaticaly?

Yes. You have to initiate the claim like a purchase anyway, much like how demos and other free content is acquired.

Well thats plainly stupid. Seriously ... Could they make this harder to understand?

Last edited:
Well thats plainly stupid. Seriously ... Could they make this harder to understand?

How is that hard to understand? If you want the free game, you need to add it to your cart and check out at any point in time the game is being offered.

How is that hard to understand? If you want the free game, you need to add it to your cart and check out at any point in time the game is being offered.

why not just add it to my instant game collection automatically? im sure everyone are just getting them anyway.

yeah its a revolving roster of games.Tomorrow Outland and Bloodrayne drop then SSFAE and rochard go up. I've already purchased those games so they'll stay free for me.

why not just add it to my instant game collection automatically? im sure everyone are just getting them anyway.

Honestly I think it's to keep people active on PN and so that the free catalog never overwhelms the value of buying games.

Its just like buying a steam game buy it now download when ever you want. Its in your list. Pretty simple

Most people don't want their games list filled with a massive pile of games they likely don't want. There are plenty of good games for PSN+, but also a lot of crap ones like PSOne games and PS Minis.

Yeah. I understand. I signed up for a year of psn+ last night and redeemed all the games i could. Leta hope Arkham city is coming! I saw it rumored for the week before christmas!

Back