Playstation Network Welcome Back Program Ends Sunday

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Sony wanted to make sure that its loyal customers knew how much they meant to the company by offering its “Welcome Back Program” consisting of free downloads and other perks as a way of apologizing for the network outages. This weekend, the limit to their magnanimity will expire Midnight Pacific Time on Sunday night. If you haven’t received your fair share of Sony apology by then, it will be gone until the next hacking outage :D

Despite the "Welcome Back" program being run for Playstation Network users in the US, Europe and other parts of the world, the Japanese version of the Playstation Store is still down for that country, over two months after the original cyber attacks.

Didn't take advantage of it, don't plan on it either. It was a flat insult to my intelligence for Sony to even think that would suffice.

Didn't take advantage of it, don't plan on it either. It was a flat insult to my intelligence for Sony to even think that would suffice.

o.0

It's not like if you hold out there will be something better. This is all you're gonna get, definitely grab it.

o.0

It's not like if you hold out there will be something better. This is all you're gonna get, definitely grab it.

I own the only games on the list worth owning and a 30 day trial of PSN+ isn't worth giving sony leverage to say "well you can't sue us because you already took your settlement.".

the real reason you cant sue is because you were not damaged, nor is there proof that anyone suffered any damage.

Go ahead, sue them Dekoth. Lol... hilarious what people think they can do. Ah well, its the U.S.A right? Where everybody is sue happy anyways.

Good old [H] forums where company rights are heralded over citizen rights. Keep up the good fight!

Good old [H] forums where company rights are heralded over citizen rights. Keep up the good fight!

Look, I'm not justifying Sony's horrible security or in any way pleased with the way they handled the situation. But that said, they have at least offered SOME compensation, which is more than most would. Certainly not enough to make me trust them, but still.

Just remember, if you do get your games, you need to activate them pretty much one at a time. Many people, myself included, ended up losing one or more of their free games because they didn't do things in the right order.

Not that it bothers me much, because I wasn't interested in any of the games offered, but a free game is still a free game.

Infamous is still in my download queue, but won't download. It's just teasing me.

I don't understand that mindset. If you start a business as a sole proprietorship, why should your customers have more rights than you? Are you not a citizen? It shouldn't matter how many employees you eventually have, how much revenue your generate, how many people actually own the business, or how your taxes are structured. At what point do you receive less rights than your customers? Does owning a business somehow make you inferior?

I assume you've never owned a successful business that created jobs. I also assume that you view government as an external entity, and not "of the people, by the people, for the people."

Just remember, if you do get your games, you need to activate them pretty much one at a time. Many people, myself included, ended up losing one or more of their free games because they didn't do things in the right order.

Not that it bothers me much, because I wasn't interested in any of the games offered, but a free game is still a free game.

you didnt lose anything.

If at any point you can't find the 'Welcome Back Free Game 1 or 2’ products, the list of available titles or a game you've selected, go to your XMB > PlayStation Network > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotions to complete the process.

you didnt lose anything.

If at any point you can't find the 'Welcome Back Free Game 1 or 2’ products, the list of available titles or a game you've selected, go to your XMB > PlayStation Network > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotions to complete the process.

i can vouch for this. i thought i lost one of my psp downloads, and found this out, and eventually re-added it back into my account.

Sony screwed the pooch with lax security that even a startup could have identified. Even worse, Sony employees reports of insufficient security and that hackers were probing PSN for vulnerabilities were ignored by their decision-making superiors. After the attack, Sony's leadership decided to give their customers the silent treatment for far too long. And then their reparations were OLD movies, cheap games and a month of a poorly valued "premium" PSN membership for a month.

My information was stolen and used to recover my Windows Live ID which resulted in over $100 of purchases and the lockout of my account for just over a week. But I played through and beat Infamous, I've spent many hours in Wipeout HD, and I watched Ghostbusters, then Bad Boys and, just now, I watched Final Fantasy: Spirits Within. I also picked up two PSP games for my upcoming PS Vita purchase. For a new PS3 owner, this was a decent reward. I bought mine in the midst of the PSN outage. But for people who have had a PS3 for a long time, I can understand how they'd feel insulted by these dated offerings. Sony should have offered straight PSN credit so people could choose their own gift.

Looks like I'll be missing out on Infamous and Super Stardust HD. WIth my massive backlog, it'll be months before I get a chance to play them. Decent games I suppose, but not the end of the world if I don't get 'em.

Looks like I'll be missing out on Infamous and Super Stardust HD. WIth my massive backlog, it'll be months before I get a chance to play them. Decent games I suppose, but not the end of the world if I don't get 'em.

You don't have to play them, now. You just have to download them, now.

You don't have to play them, now. You just have to download them, now.

yeah, just download em and not play em right now.

i made sure i atleast queued them for download on my ps3 and my sisters even tho she would prob never play them.

Well it was nice to hear about this just in time not to get anything. No email, just a news story.

is it already over because when i log on i cant find it and going through the xmb>transaction management doesnt do anything

the real reason you cant sue is because you were not damaged, nor is there proof that anyone suffered any damage.

Just because you want to have your head in the sand and pretend nothing is the matter doesn't make it fact. That much personal information lost is damaging. As mentioned by another person in this thread it has damaged people. I have already had to block several hits on my credit that only could of happened because of this.

Go ahead, sue them Dekoth. Lol... hilarious what people think they can do. Ah well, its the U.S.A right? Where everybody is sue happy anyways.

The class action will go through, it won't require any effort on my part. Actually I am not sue happy, I find 99% of the lawsuits that people get away with absolutely sad. Sony however made no attempt at security and then attempted to lie to us as long as they could and on top of that brushed it off like it was no big deal. Glad you don't seem to care, but I have spent years maintaining extremely tight control of my personal information online and Sony undid all of those efforts in one shot.

Had sony had all their stuff operating per acceptable business standards, I wouldn't be having this conversation. However they were not and did so in an apparent attempt to save money. Any company that gets caught not protecting their consumers private information with at the minimum of standard acceptable security practices should be held fully accountable.

I don't want free games - especially ones I already own.
I don't want a free trial to the PSN+ which is literally insulting that they are offering that as it should be a standard offer to get new subscribers.
I don't even particularly want money out of them.

I want the damage they have done with mine and my wifes information to be handled as best as possible and as close to reversed as possible.
A mere 12 months of ID monitoring is flatly laughable. It can take 7 years for things to clear off your credit history, it should of been a minimum of 7 years.
More importantly, I want sony to step up to the plate and do the right thing and fix the mess they created. I don't care how big the financial blow is, they made their bed with stupid executive decisions, now they get to lay in it.

I thought this offer was supposed to be good until midnight tonight, I guess not.

What they offered was pretty weak. I mean, sure, its a nice gesture, but at least offer some games that folks generally might not own.

they did say offer will last for a month at the start
well i forgot this is america majority people are incapable of doing simple math

Oh boo-hoo. Are you gonna cry about this for the rest of your life? What else do you expect them to do? Not that I think what happened was "acceptable", but come on - they've given credit/identity protection for free, have issued apologies and offered to give free shit. Do you want them to come to your house, do your dishes and give you daily massages?

I understand that some of you would only be happy with Sony being completely burned to the ground and the top dogs put to the electric chair, but come on - shit happens. Quit crying, get over it, move on. :rolleyes:

I think every country minus Japan has the program. Waiting...:p

I don't understand that mindset. If you start a business as a sole proprietorship, why should your customers have more rights than you? Are you not a citizen? It shouldn't matter how many employees you eventually have, how much revenue your generate, how many people actually own the business, or how your taxes are structured. At what point do you receive less rights than your customers? Does owning a business somehow make you inferior?

I assume you've never owned a successful business that created jobs. I also assume that you view government as an external entity, and not "of the people, by the people, for the people."

Sony isn't a sole proprietorship. Corporations aren't humans, therefore don't have the same rights.

they have extended offer..
but you only have about 10hrs left to claim if you haven't
expires on 7-5 9 am PST

Back