PlayStation Network Still Down

HardOCP News

[H] News
The PlayStation Network has been down all day and Sony just now got around to releasing a statement (via Twitter) saying the company is aware of the issue. I guess you'll just have to play something on your PC. ;)

Good time to start on some Steam games I bought from the winter sale.

So you can't use your PS4 when PSN is down, or nobody develops single player games anymore so it basically renders your PS4 useless?

I'd be curious to see the statistics over the last 5 years between XBL, PSN, and Steam for uptime. I'm surprised the PSN downtime hasn't affected their sales much. Last I knew, PS4 outsold the XBOne quite a bit still right?

So you can't use your PS4 when PSN is down, or nobody develops single player games anymore so it basically renders your PS4 useless?

No..I didn't even notice PSN was down. It affects certain games and sometimes it can take the entire system down, but generally it isn't a problem.

It doesn't affect;
Netflix
Any games that don't require PSN auth (not to be confused with internet auth)

It only affects games that require PSN specifically.

I have only noticed the PSN go down for a little while over the first of January....not sure if overload from Christmas or ddos attacks because of PSN newbs.

It doesn't affect me one bit...I played my digital download copy of Witcher 3 last night and was not troubled. If I wasn't so burned out on Destiny's grind, and I was trying to play that...I would feel a slight pain in my butt.

I never noticed, because my multiplayer PC games that I pay $0/year for to play online are still working.

Back