Playstation 3 1.80 update upscales PS2 ganes to 1080p

Ferris23

Gawd
Why can't I get this to work. I have tried all of the settings in the game settings menu and all I get with God of War 2 is 480p. This is with both my Dell 2407 A04 and Westinghouse 47, both 1080p displays.

I don't have any other PS2 games to try but I saw a screenshot online of God of War 2 running in 1080p.

Any advice?

Why can't I get this to work. I have tried all of the settings in the game settings menu
By "game settings menu", do you mean the XMB?

Please tell me you actually checked the XMB Settings Menu before posting this topic...

upscaling only works via hdmi.

Games should upscale with component also. It is only DVD videos where its limited to HDMI.

OP: Do you have progressive scan turn on in the GoW2 game setting? Any game setting will override whatever settings you made on the PS3. Turning PS on will revert you vid output to 480p. So make sure its off ;)

Interesting, I think I tried it off, but possibly not. I'll have a look at that. My other hunch that I will try is that my component cables are hooked in for audio, maybe the system is confused with both cable sets?

I think you may be right about the ingame settings, I'll be back.

synergyo1 that did it, thanks! I had progressive scan enabled in game so like you said, it was overriding the PS3 scaler and forcing 480p,

Much better.

So wait, the 1.80 update enables 1080p scaling for PS2/PS1 games and movies? I might be sold... when the price drops. Right now my elite make me berry berry happy.

An update to the PS3 system software was released on May 24, 2007. If you update your PS3 system, the system software
version will be 1.80 and the following features will be updated.

Main features that are new or revised in version 1.80

You can now upscale the video content of PlayStation format software, PlayStation 2 format software, or DVDs to HD resolution.

You can now use remote play over the Internet.

You can now copy saved data from PlayStation format software or PlayStation 2 format software to a memory card or a memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2).

Other new or revised features in version 1.80

Settings

* [BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [BD/DVD Settings].
* [RGB Full Range (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [Display Settings].
* [Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr Super White (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [Display Settings].
* [Bit Mapping (Super Audio CD)] has been added as an option under [Music Settings].
* The [Test Camera] option under [Accessory Settings] has been changed to [Camera Device Settings].
* [Printer Settings] has been added.
* [Media Server Connection] has been added as an option under [Network Settings].

Music

* You can now edit CD information.

Photo

* A new type of slideshow display pattern has been added.
* You can now use zoom display for images.
* You can now trim images.

Video

* Super-White and x.v.Colour output are now supported.
* Downscaled output of Blu-ray Discs is now supported. When 720p is selected for the video output setting of the PS3 system, Blu-ray Discs that were recorded with 1080i/1080p resolution can be played with 720p resolution.

Game

* You can now move copy-prohibited saved data for PlayStation format software or PlayStation 2 format software to a PS3 system.

Network

* The options menu items for [Download Management] have been changed.

Friends

* [Display Photo] has been added to the voice / video chat options menu.

Info

Back