Playstation 2 new consol

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
Who has the NEW playstation 2?

if you have it what do you think of it?

im going to get one soon and wanted to know what you like about it

umm... it's exactly like the normal PS2, only smaller and can't use HDDs. Although I hear that it has progressive scan for DVDs, so that's a bonus.

I got my PS2, so i don't really care about this. Seems really similar to remaking the original playstation to PSone. I don't know, seems like a marketing gimmick to sell more units "omg it's smaller!!" but if saving a few vertical inches is a high priority for you, hey, go for it.

my friends tell me i should get it because it has a built in adapter to play on the net and you have to buy it for the org ps2

the cd drive / laser is supposed to be improved with the new smaller ps2. hopefully this will eliminate some of the infamous disk read errors that so many people seem to get (* my self included, on my last ps2 i got one and was able to fix it, then it worked fine for a month or 2, then the same thing and i fixed it again. the third time it was a gonner and i had to replace the drive

im gunna go look and ask the guys a lot of noob questions to see if they know what there talking about and if they dont im going to throw one in there like "on my old ps2 the muffler bearing fried very easy will that happen on the new one?"

i love to do it to people when they dont know what there talking about

It's funny that people can be suckered into buying absolute shit hardware because it is miniaturized. :rolleyes:

The PS2 will be dead in 5 months, and if I'm not mistaken, won't the PS3 be backwards compatible with the PS2? So why would anyone buy a ps2 *cute version* now?

/rant

I'd like to pick one up just to mod it into my case but I don't like how they dropped the HD. I guess I'll have to finish fixing my trust old PS2.

And S1nF1xx why don't you just go play with your Xbox? :rolleyes:

I was beginning to get disc read errors on my PS2 so I took advantage of the EB trade in deal. You trade your PS2 and any 5 games (only worth it if you have games you don't play anymore) and get the PStwo for free. Not a bad deal. Now I'm all set for GTA San Andreas, Killzone, and GT4.

I also had deal with EB and traded my broken ps2 + some cash for new one, quite happy with it as of now. They come with 1yr warrantee now so if it breaks (like my original did) you can get it fixed or get a new one. The new ps2 is really small, just tad bigger than 2 dvd cases stacked together.

I wonder if I can do what Kite did since mine is getting rather old and faulty now. :(

Chickennog said:
I was beginning to get disc read errors on my PS2 so I took advantage of the EB trade in deal. You trade your PS2 and any 5 games (only worth it if you have games you don't play anymore) and get the PStwo for free. Not a bad deal. Now I'm all set for GTA San Andreas, Killzone, and GT4.
where do you see this deal? because i don't see it on this page http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/ and i don't want to call up and sound like an assclown.

i think ill pick one of these off when i head off to college next fall and have to leave the "family's" ps2 here... its kinda screwed up anyway :p doesnt read regular CD formats.. but still reads DVDs so i havent been in much of a hurry to fix it...

The PS2 will be dead in 5 months, and if I'm not mistaken, won't the PS3 be backwards compatible with the PS2? So why would anyone buy a ps2 *cute version* now?

because i want to play my games, and i dont want to shell out 400 bucks. 100-150 sounds much nicer. i love how small it is, and i never had a use for the HDD anyway

The deal isn't on the webpage, its in store only as far as I know. Just call and ask them if they are having any trade in specials. I know it ends on Oct. 31.

CrimandEvil said:
And S1nF1xx why don't you just go play with your Xbox? :rolleyes:

I don't have an xbox. I haven't bought a console since I got my first computer. I couldn't play console games anymore because other than one or two games per generation, they all suck IMO.

PC baby! :D

The small PS2 wasn't made to get existing users to "trade up." This is console gaming; the idea isn't to upgrade. It's just a new choice for brand new users.

S1nF1xx said:
It's funny that people can be suckered into buying absolute shit hardware because it is miniaturized. :rolleyes:

/rant

the PS3 is going to be the size of a game boy. i want somthing to stay at my house.

Back