Playstation 2 HDD ???

undeadsac

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
499
Cant this Sony HD be used in a standard IDE Setup? I wonder how difficult it would be to reformat for Windows filesystem to and back to PS2 system.
 
ThomasE66 said:
Yes it is a standard IDE drive, but why would you want to do that?


Because i have no use for it in the PS2 and I have an older machine that could benefit from more storage space.
 
If you have no use for it in the PS2 then I would say you have nothing to loose by trying. Look up the model number on the interweb to find the jumper settings for that drive if they aren't already printed on it.
 
undeadsac said:
Because i have no use for it in the PS2 and I have an older machine that could benefit from more storage space.

Then it should work fine. They are standard IDE drives, as I previously stated.
 
Back
Top