Playseat G27 and Panasonic 37in Led all hooked up! Consoles almost All out too!

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Well ive had everything for almost 2 months and finally had time to bring it all together. When i upgraded my main rig i parted it out and made a dedicated Racing PC and here are the specs.Playseat, Logitech G27, Cpu 2500K @ 4600Mhz, 2 Powercolor 6970 cards in Crossfire, 8 gigs of ram, Corsair 800Watt PS, Windows 7 64bit, For the moniter im using a Brand new Panasonic Viera 37 in E3 Series LED HDTV this Tv is AWESOME it uses a IPS LED PANEL!!!!!! No ghosting, crisp colors, no lag, Im thinking of going with 2 more in the future. Link to tv http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-L37E3
Games i have setup currently, Race 07, NFS undercover, Shift, Shift2, The Run, NFS Hot Pursuit, Dirt 2, Dirt 3. Let me know what other games to get im open to everything if it uses a wheel and pedals.

Video of setup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UqaM5exxQ

Well here are some pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CHECK OUT MY VID OF MY ARCADE CABINET HERE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld4X1fI6EZM
Pics Here

Pc Parts

Wires are all tucked away thru the wall and into my closet which makes everything nice, quiet, and seemless.

Arcade collection in adjacent room, They arent all out but i need some shelving to get all the Ataris out, Bandai Pippen and Fm Towns Marty. Still missing some key pieces to finish out the collection.

Video of Media Room HERE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjTh-57B_jU

Pics here

EDIT here is my other Project i finished up, Hyperspin Arcade setup in a Silverstone HTPC case being run off of Xbox 360 gamepads for all emulators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7lm47_BWO4

Last edited:
I actually got it on Amazon, they had it instock. I also had to buy the mount on amazon to side mount the 6 speedshifter for about $39. It took less then 30 minutes to build it, install the g27 and ziptie the wires.

Ya I'm impatient sometimes hehe,lots of zipties! Those cabinets aren't ideal I want to make some custom ones with less gaps so I can put out more systems and hide the wires.

Take a look at project CARS as well.

Edit, just realized its in the post above mine. . .

I have f1 2011, thanks for the all the info. Ya my 4 year old son loves all the video game systems. He really likes to play on the arcade machine, Donkey Kong is one of his favorites. So far I really like the feel of Race 07, Dirt 3 is really fun too.

Maybe give iRacing a shot? IMO the best quality simulation out there, but with an annoyingly high cost.

Ya I'm impatient sometimes hehe,lots of zipties! Those cabinets aren't ideal I want to make some custom ones with less gaps so I can put out more systems and hide the wires.

One option is to put a large piece of wood, MDF, etc behind the shelves, and drill holes for the cords.

nice! your console setup is something i wanted to do. Just hide the chord a little better and youll be all set!

Great setup man! Do yourself a favor and get some stuff up on those walls, it looks desolate and cold in there. Aside from that, I am very jealous!

Who's going to pay attention to the walls when you're busy gaming :p

Awesome setup, I always wanted to make something similar for flight / space sims with a mounted joystick but don't have the space or motivation to do so.

I'm looking for some 80s arcade posters to put up on the walls, I'm bit putting anything on the walls in the theater, I don't want any glare or reflections. I'm going to mount some shelf on either side Of my tv to get out more of my consoles hopefully this weekend.

I think I have some late 80s/ early 90s posters of a few games. I think Mortal Kombat II and some others. They're yours if I can find them.

Sweet! I bought a Galaga, Donkey Kong and Mr Do poster this morning. I would love to get my hands on a Robotron and Crstal Castles poster.

Nice one mate. if i had lots of money i would do something similar.

In terms of your racing setup. i would get a CSR-Elite wheel and a clubsport pedals as they are the best in the business. i would also get 4xof those plus the playseat and tv' so you can play local LAN MP on your racing games with your mates :)

You seem to have the cash for it so why not turn it into a proper racing arcade room like the old days when you got a arcade and see 4-8 Deytona USA racing rigs setup for local play :)

Great setup man! Do yourself a favor and get some stuff up on those walls, it looks desolate and cold in there. Aside from that, I am very jealous!

For some reason that room reminds me of the movie american beauty, and I dont think its a good thing. All though the lights are going to be off when ever some body is in there any way so I guess it doesn't really mater. Sweet set up though.

Lol I guess I better do some decorating lol. I wanna give it a 80s arcade feel eventually. I'm going to do a wall of Lit Marqees from all my favorite games.

Do you like the HTPC Hyperspin Arcade setup, I love that thing to Death, 4 player games are awesome. We bust out 4 player NHL 96 on the Genesis a lot hehe.

Man your setup looks awesome. Wish I had a house to do this. I was just thinking of getting a g27 and a chair setup for ot and I think this pushed me more to actually do it. Do you recommend that tv or maybe a projector?

Well I have played my Pc in my theater and 108 inches 1080p is sweet the Panasonic Led tv is fantastic, I'm almost debating when my income tax refund hits buying 2 more and mounting them on adjustable arms for some Eyefynity love.

Panasonic PT-AE4000U, I'm looking at going 3d in the future. I'm still blown away by the picture quality. I'm using a Carada 108 in screen, projector is 14 feet 6 inches from the screen. I'm very lucky to have had everything calibrated for free from a friend that works for a high end audio/video store.

New project starting thus weekend, I'm building a Figital Pinball machine. The shell is arriving and I'm ordering all the parts. Going to use a 3 moniter setup with a Samsung 42 in Led for my main screen. It will be fun to build but it will be hard to wait.

Nice setups. For your old consoles are you using any kind of video processor(s)?

I picked up a LG 42LK450 (IPS Panel) just after X-mas and anything not 1080p looks like crap on it. lol. My older 27" CRT puts it to shame for older consoles!!

Now instead of using my older consoles I use a old Pentium 4 3.2 with emulation at 1080P which is nice but not authentic :(

If I had the room I'd just run the TV's side by side for the best setup.

The Moniter in my arcade cabinet is a Well Gardner 27In moniter, max res is 800X600 this gives it the Arcade feel. The other system looks fantastic on any tv i Use, The graphics card in that system is a 5830 card hooked up via HDMI and the picture is crystal clear, I have all emulators running at 800X600 not stretched all 4:3 unless it calls for it ( A couple of the Gamecube and Dreamcast games support Widescreen )

You should definitely get yourself the wireless 360 controller adapter and skip the cord ;) Plus then you can MP it up.

Back