• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Playing the waiting game. Anyone else?

DandyBear

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
355
Last round I couldnt wait and bought when the first wave of next gen cards hit the market. I wound up buying the X800pro which turned out to be a Vivo, so I was able to flash it to X800XT PE. This round I'm waiting until both camps have report in. Nvidia still has the Ultra to release which you probably won't see until ATI has at least had a paper launch. ATI brings the R520 and the Crossfire. I really dont mind the waiting at all. How are the GTX owners going to feel when the Ultra is realesed, ATI could have the faster cards? No sense in spending $500+ on only the first card to hit the market. Anyone Else?
 
I'd agree with that. I'd really want to see what both companies have to offer me before I go and spend that kind of money. But I do get impatient with these kinds of things nor do I actually want to spend that kind of money on a card. *Goes and hugs his 9800 pro and X800XL*
 
Yep.... I'm impatiently wating for the 7800Ultra (wish they would hurry up!). While I'm wating for the Ultra to be released, I'm thoroughly enjoying my 7800GTX. :p ;)
 
Happy with SLI'd GTs and will wait for NEXT gen (the one after 7800) or until the GTs perform like my old 5900.
 
I'll use my 7800GTX until the 9x00 series hits.

I usually skip a gen or two. It was time for me to get a new card.

I don't count my 6600. That was just my temp ($65) card for PCIe until the next gen came out.


Now I just have to wait for dell to ship my 7800GTX. :/
 
I bought the 7800GTX and if they do come out with an Ultra version and it looks good enough to get i will end up selling the 7800GTX to get it.. Same thing with the Ati card if it looks better imma sell my 7800GTX for it.... I dont mind throwing in money for it :D
 
where is everyone's source saying there WILL be an ultra -_-

IIRC there was a report saying GTX is the new ultra...
 
If you're waiting there's certainly some nice stuff to look forward to.....

- ATi X900-series (September?).
- Possible 7800U card (see above).
- Price drops 'within weeks' on NV 7-series cards (GTX to $499, GT to $399).

I'm happy to wait, my 6800GT is still rockin'. ;)
 
I don't remember a source, but here is what it's like:

7800 GT - not SLI
7800 GTX - SLI
7800 Ultra - Not much to say, it's faster than a 7800 GTX I guess.
 
0mega said:
IIRC there was a report saying GTX is the new ultra...
An NV guy said GTX was the current high-end part. But since they *never* talk about future products that hardly precludes something faster appearing on the day/hour of the R520 launch. I'm guessing that NV won't use the 'Ultra' moniker for the new high-end part but it suits us to use it for speculative purposes. I see no reason for NV not to launch a faster 7-series GPU later on, a 500MHz 7800 GPU seems perfectly possible given the overclocked speeds the GTX have been reaching.
 
Nope I just order my whole new setup up minus the x800xl thats waiting for me at bestbuy(10%off coupon +gift card)

So I am just waiting for it all to come in. :D :D :D

My excitement is justifiable since I have had to deal with a 256mb ram onboard video dell for 2 years
 
Just wait a while longer becuase simple fact is that with a 7800gtx you play at super high resolutions and soon they prob release a 512mb version that will give a very nice frame boost at such high res. Anyways I just canceled building my new machine paired with 2 7800gtx sli combo because I have a gut feeling ati is gonna blow it away with the new gen card they are comeing out with soon.
 
My 6800GT is keeping me happy... I see no reason to upgrade right now... maybe in 2 generations from now.
 
I am waiting for CrossFire edition motherboards and the R520.
Hopefully by then I will have a job and lots of money to buy stuff like:

37" LCD HDTV
PS3
5.1 Home Audio System
CrossFire Edition Motherboard
R520 (maybe 2!!)
3700+ San Diego
 
Back
Top