• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Playing PS2 through eVGA 8800gts?

shG

n00b
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
41
Hi, I'm in college right now and I don't really want to buy a TV. How would I go about playing PS2 and other consoles on my computer monitor? I skimmed through some info, and some say they play it through the video card? I have an eVGA 8800gts 320MB, but I don't want to use it if I don't have to. Are there alternate methods(costing less than $10)? Please help, thanks.
 
Does your card or monitor have an S-Video input? Your card should have one. You'll just need an S-Video cable, which most cards come with.
 
in order to play it on your PC you'd need an emulator. PCSX2 works fine for many games, and it improves the graphics quality substantially when it's version of "antialiasing" is turned on.. the improvement is nothing short of breathtaking in "4x" mode.. but this requires a dual core processor and your said video card.
 
Hi, thanks for the replies. I need to check if my card has the S-Video cable you are talking about. As for the emulator suggestion, I don't really plan to emulate the ps2, I have the console.

Can I use that cable and connect it direct to the monitor instead of a video card? I have a HANNS-G 19 inch monitor.
 
Does your monitor have that port on it? Off of the top of my head I'm pretty sure that it doesn't but I could be wrong.
And, no, you cannot attach it to your video card because, as far as I know, it doesn't support VIVO.
 
If it doesn't work through your video card, you could get a cheap PCI TV tuner card with an S-Video of composite input. You could probably find one for under $20 on eBay or something.
 
What you need is a Viewsonic NextVision N6.

It accepts S-Video, Composite, and Component Video.

It also has a pass through for VGA.. so you can leave your computer hooked up.

And it has a cable TV tuner built in.

Also has stereo 1/8" in/out.

Oh yeah.. and it has a remote :)

And you will be able to turn on Progressive Scanning on your PS2.... do a google search to find out how :)

You will have to get one used.. like off E-bay unless you get lucky and can actually find a new one somewhere. I have no idea why they stopped selling them. It is a really awesome product. I got mine new... hehe :)

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...37&satitle=viewsonic+nextvision+N6&category0=
 
What you need is a Viewsonic NextVision N6.

It accepts S-Video, Composite, and Component Video.

It also has a pass through for VGA.. so you can leave your computer hooked up.

And it has a cable TV tuner built in.

Also has stereo 1/8" in/out.

Oh yeah.. and it has a remote :)

And you will be able to turn on Progressive Scanning on your PS2.... do a google search to find out how :)

You will have to get one used.. like off E-bay unless you get lucky and can actually find a new one somewhere. I have no idea why they stopped selling them. It is a really awesome product. I got mine new... hehe :)

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...37&satitle=viewsonic+nextvision+N6&category0=



pretty nice
 
Back
Top