• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Playing movies with a LCD (having problems)...

g|aSsJaw

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 24, 2003
Messages
262
Quicktime videos play fine, but movies in PowerDVD and WMP seem to be having problems. Me and my brother got Samsung 940b's today and this isn't happening on his, just mine. It could be a graphics card issue, he's running an X850XT and I just have a 9700pro. Anyways, on to the problem.

Movies have a gray transparent fuzzy film over them. If I move the video player to the right or left I'll see true color for a moment then the fuzz "catches up" with it. Sometimes when I close the player the fuzzy rectangle will still be on my screen for a moment.

What could be causing this? do you think it's just a graphics card issue? It doesn't happen in games at all, games look amazing, as do regular pictures and just browsing around online. The only issue I seem to be having is with video.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
 
Hmm... some troubleshooting steps to try... Right click the video file, and find out what codec it's using... you may have an outdated one. If possible, try switching the monitors... if your monitor works fine on his card, that'll really help narrow down what the issue is.

Update your videocard drivers to the latest version, 5.12 just came out. Make sure your agp driver is installed for whatever motherboard you have (intel chipsets don't need it, but on VIA, SiS or nVidia motherboards it can make a difference)

I'm guessing it's codec related tho, so I'd try that first.
 
For Codecs I'm running DefilerPak 1.20

I installed the new 5.12 drivers but I get an error with the control center that says:

cli.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (oxc0000135). Click on Ok to terminate the application.

Should I uninstall and reinstall the 5.12 drivers?

Still getting the same problem with the movies.

Anything else to try?

On my CRT monitor this wasn't happening, but now it's happening on this LCD. The CRT was analog and I've got this LCD hooked up DVI. I don't know what's causing it though since games look great, as well as Quicktime videos. The only problem seems to be with windows media player and powerdvd when I tried it.
 
Hmm... maybe your DVI connection on your videocard is hosed? Or the cable is, or something... have you tried the LCD with a VGA cable instead?
 
Logan321 said:
Hmm... maybe your DVI connection on your videocard is hosed? Or the cable is, or something... have you tried the LCD with a VGA cable instead?

Not yet, I could though. I'm thinking it's just the graphics card since movies played fine with analong on my CRT, and games still look great with DVI. I'm getting a new card for Christmas, if that still doesn't fix it then we have a problem :D
 
Okay I hooked my brothers 940b up to my computer and the movies still get the haze over them. I don't know what could be causing this since the montior is hooked up with a DVI cable and games don't get this problem, just video. Even Quicktime videos are fine, just not the WMP/PowerDVD videos I've tried. Is it a codec issue? I'm using DefilerPak 1.20 and ATI 5.12 drivers. This wasn't happening on my CRT monitor, just this LCD...could it be a DVI issue?
 
This probably isn't worth your time but:

Revert back to ATI 4.xx drivers.

I know in some of the earlier ATI 5 version drivers I was getting more video noise than usual and a annoying green bar on the right side of my screen. I fixed it temporarily going back to version 4.12. ATI fixed it in the most recent released though....
 
If you open the MagicTune panel their is a setting under color at the bottom that says automatically detect moving picture or something like that, just uncheck the box and it won't happen.
 
Back
Top