• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Playing around with the new Camera:

mwin

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
3,655
I recently got a Cannon S3-IS digital camera. I've been playing around with it, taking pictures of The Black Car. I think it seems to take a pretty good picture. Opinions and pointers welcome:

Out the garage door:
IMG001.jpg


The back, sitting in the driveway:
IMG002.jpg


Nostrils:
IGM003.jpg


Front passenger side corner:
IGM004.jpg


Back of the car:
IMG005.jpg


Back of the car:
IMG006.jpg


Sitting in front of the waterslides:
IGM007.jpg
 
my first suggestion is to give that car to me ;) That is a VERY nice ride you have there.

Black cars are hard as hell to shoot because exposure is tricky. I think you did a nice job with it. The second to the last shot is the best. My only other suggestion would be to get some action shots of it, but only if there's someone you trust to drive your car ;)
 
The s3-is is a very nice camera. The only thing I don't like about it is that ISO 800 is very unusable, however that is to be expected with point and shoots. It has an excellent zoom range as well. Have fun with your new camera!
 
For car shots they are OK. I might suggest you try shooting them at sunset for the best affect.
 
For car shots they are OK. I might suggest you try shooting them at sunset for the best affect.

I dunno. You can get artsier shots with sunsets, but to show the car I think earlier works a bit better. Here's one of my favorites that I took with the old camera:

DSC00055small.JPG
 
I am not familiar with this camera at all, but can you do anything to get the depth of field a little shallower, i noticed that your aperture was between 2.7 and 4 on those shots, maybe if you zoom all the way in (standing farther away) and set the aperture as low as you can. That should throw the background out of focus and make the car stand out more. something like this

dad's car
hardocpdof.jpg


My car
353845029_32c25388fc.jpg


yeah, my car isn't as cool as yours... shut up
 
Back
Top