Play Quake 4 without insert DVD

vtisix

n00b
Does anyone know of a quake 4 mini image that works? I have a valid key, I just don't want to have to put the DVD in every time. Thanks.

If you have a valid retail copy then you wont need the DVD once its installed because......

If you had a legitamate copy of Quake 4 that you purchased and didn't get from a torrent, you would realize that when you download the newest Quake 4 patch, it removes the need for the DVD to be in the drive. You almost always cannot patch a stolen copy of a game, therefore our assumptions that you didn't buy the game in the first place. I suggest buying the game, as its now cheap and its worth the money, and because the dying quake 4 MP community doesn't need another thief running around servers with a new hack freshly downloaded as well.

If you did buy Quake 4, then nevermind what I said, and download the newest Quake 4 patch and you won't need the disk in the drive.

cheers :)

If you had a legitamate copy of Quake 4 that you purchased and didn't get from a torrent, you would realize that when you download the newest Quake 4 patch, it removes the need for the DVD to be in the drive. You almost always cannot patch a stolen copy of a game, therefore our assumptions that you didn't buy the game in the first place. I suggest buying the game, as its now cheap and its worth the money, and because the dying quake 4 MP community doesn't need another thief running around servers with a new hack freshly downloaded as well.

If you did buy Quake 4, then nevermind what I said, and download the newest Quake 4 patch and you won't need the disk in the drive.

cheers :)

You can't patch a stolen copy of a game?

What idiot told you that?

I normally no-cd fix all my games that require the disc to play. I have no trouble patching them.

as long as they have the original exe, i don't see why pirated versions can't install patches

It all depends on the game and what kind of patch it is.

However, back to the topic.. if you do have a valid retail version, then simply download the latest official patch, it removes the cd check.

learn to fucking read, I said almost always, meaning there are exceptions. I don't need idiots to tell me anything. Since you all mention original .exe and NOCD cracks, then I guess what I said isn't fucking intended for those who don't purchase their games or use them as intended.

Lock this thread as they have already mentioned nocd patches which I assumed wasn't allowed to be discussed here? :rolleyes:

wawa?

you are most likely the only idiot in this thread

If you had a legitamate copy of Quake 4 that you purchased and didn't get from a torrent

if anything you are the one who mentioned piracy in the first place

and for your info, q4 requires a valid cdkey which you have to purchase so even IF the op did pirate the game, he would not be able to go
running around servers with a new hack freshly downloaded as well.

and if you wouldn't mind explaining how that nice little rant in the first paragraph of your post isn't intended towards those who didn't buy the game?

let's all calm down children.

The last few patches for Quake IV have removed the no-CD check.

Ha, I didn't know this question would cause such a ruckus. Here's the story: I bought the game from fleabay, but asked the seller to send me the key so I can play it before actually receiving the physical disk. In any case, I still want to play without having to put the disk in there. Looks like I'll be installing the latest patch as recommended.

Back