Play PS2 through computer speakers?

IntelOwnz

Gawd
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
710
So my new 22" Gateway has the composite hookup so I hooked up my ps2 to it, but soon realized I can't get any sound...

The monitor only has the Yellow composite cable hookup for video, and it has no built in speakers...my computer has a red composite jack, but I think it's only for output? How can I play games with sound?
 
I play my PS2 with my PC speakers by using the optical in/out on my Logitech Z-5500's. You need to be able to plug your PS2 directly to your speaker setup in order for you to use them. Most multimedia speakers have a miniplug for auxilary input like for mp3 players.

That said, some sound cards have optical input and you can use this to connect to your PS2 and have your sound processed and decoded, you can switch the input in software.

 
Back
Top