Play HL2 NOW!!!!!!! Change your system clock > 12:00!!!

Maynerd Goldstein

Weaksauce
Bump your computer clock past midnight and Steam will unlock your game!

Steam is checking your system clock and unlocking the game as it turns midnight in the different timezones!!!!!!!!!!!

scotty do said:
Hm, no kidding. How does the timezone thing work?

Well, the game can be playable at 12:00AM Pacific Standard Time. So 3:00 AM on East Coast, and a hell of a long time for Aussies! :p

Heh, actually it kinda makes sense. However, It wasn't well explained.

I think he's saying, after 12 midnight, if your not in the same timezone as seattle (not sure which timezone), change your clock to that time zone (seattle timezone) and you should be able to play at 12 midnight your time. Kinda makes sense, however I don't know if it will work or not.

bobsaget said:
Well, the game can be playable at 12:00AM Pacific Standard Time. So 3:00 AM on East Coast, and a hell of a long time for Aussies! :p

You guys do understand that by doing this it goes live at the same time for everyone. Not that some people have to wait longer than others. why cant people understand this, its not a hard concept.

JEEVES

WesM63 said:
Heh, actually it kinda makes sense. However, It wasn't well explained.

I think he's saying, after 12 midnight, if your not in the same timezone as seattle (not sure which timezone), change your clock to that time zone (seattle timezone) and you should be able to play at 12 midnight your time. Kinda makes sense, however I don't know if it will work or not.
You won't be able to play any earlier. If you change your clock to PST from a different time zone (lets say EST) it will just read as 9:00. This will do nothing.

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
You guys do understand that by doing this it goes live at the same time for everyone. Not that some people have to wait longer than others. why cant people understand this, its not a hard concept.

JEEVES

HAHA. I think you are the first person to actually realize this.

You get the cookie.

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:

JEEVES

That I didn't know, thanks for that.

Milenko,
I don't understand what your saying here. If your pc time is set to PST, there is no other way of telling where you are located besides IP/MAC and I hardly beleive Vavle would go as far to check that. (But I wouldn't put it pass them) Either way, I'll play it as soon as it lets me. ;)

It really isnt that hard. Clock strikes midnight in Oregon at yon Valve-HQ, and someone flips a switch activating the...activation...servers. This means that nothing will happen until 3am on the east coast, no matter what your clock says. Hell, set it to 27-o-clock, it won't matter.

Edit: Washington, Oregon, Left Coast, whatever.

I thought Vavle was in Washington, isn't Oregon just Washington's overgrown back yard?

AAAHA!

I checked....postal address
PO BOX 1688

BELLEVUE WA 98009

[RCKY] Thor said:
It really isnt that hard. Clock strikes midnight in Oregon at yon Valve-HQ, and someone flips a switch activating the...activation...servers. This means that nothing will happen until 3am on the east coast, no matter what your clock says. Hell, set it to 27-o-clock, it won't matter.

i think you and I are in the minority here. Logic has left this place along time ago :rolleyes:

JEEVES :p

Valve is in washington, I've been there a few times in fact, not to mention that I've been to microsoft quite a few times (not including my 6-month internship there), and I've been to nintento and boeing a ton as well, I love it here. I'm staying up to play, how about you guys?

D'oh I just realized how dumb I am lol. For people behind PST it would make sense, like Hawaii. Either way 12am PST is still 3am here. Sometimes I wonder about myself lol :p

Optional87 said:
Valve is in washington, I've been there a few times in fact, not to mention that I've been to microsoft quite a few times (not including my 6-month internship there), and I've been to nintento and boeing a ton as well

OMG. :eek:

Well I totally went to Wal-Mart a while ago and bought Half-Life "Game of the Year Edition" Like... from valve.... from Wal-Mart. :rolleyes:

Well, I haven't slept in about 40 hours, but I don't think I can stay up another 3 for my preloaded copy to unlock.

Maynerd Goldstein said:
It won't work by changing the clock in windows!!! You've got to change it
in the BIOS!

This shows you know nothing.

Hehe !!!
this is sooo funny!

I was able to get a hold of a copy of HL2 BOX and everything @ a store I won't mention (so they don't get in trouble). I got the copy of the game @ 8:30 PM On Monday!

I'm sooo exceited! I installed the key into my valve, and the game is ready to go!

PICS!!!: http://fusioncities.com/pics/hl2/

Maynerd Goldstein said:
It won't work by changing the clock in windows!!! You've got to change it
in the BIOS!
You're the dumb one. Who the hell do you think you're calling "phuk tards"? You're gay

The Paradox of Materialism is that if everything is material, then we can replicate human intellegence within a machine, which means we can be God. If we can be God, then we cannot deny the possible existence of God.

I rest my case. Now go change the clock in your BIOS...

Maynerd Goldstein said:
The Paradox of Materialism is that if everything is material, then we can replicate human intellegence within a machine, which means we can be God. If we can be God, then we cannot deny the possible existence of God.

I rest my case. Now go change the clock in your BIOS...

That, right there, pisses me off... :p

Back