• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Plastic Pin Protector?

netsider

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
466
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It comes with the pin protector, but not a heatsink nor anything else.
 
Well in that ad specifically it says "Does not come with plastic pin protector"

Anybody know where I can find an image of one? I'm just making sure I have everything I need before I order it. I have a heatsink only, and of course, the motherboard.

Thanks guys.
 
Oh wait, you're right. It does come with it... I misread it. Still tho, does anybody have an image? Thanks again.
 
The pin protector is just a piece of plastic that sits behind the CPU to keep
the contacts from being damaged in shipping.
In the picture you can see the 4 plastic tabs, top, bottom, left, right which
hold the protector onto the CPU.

Not a functional part of the CPU.

With a socket 775, it just prevents damage to the gold contacts, since there
are not any pins on the CPU, like there were with PGA (pin grid array) CPU's.
 
There are pin protectors on the cpu itself, but what this person is referring to is the board itself. My asus board shipped with a plastic cover which sits on the socket to protect it from being damaged during shipping. It just sits over the socket to protect it
 
There are pin protectors on the cpu itself, but what this person is referring to is the board itself. My asus board shipped with a plastic cover which sits on the socket to protect it from being damaged during shipping. It just sits over the socket to protect it

Negative Ghostrider....he is buying a CPU, and the plastic pin protector he is referring to is for a CPU...
however, since this is a 775 chip, its really a contact protector, since they have no pins..
 
So the plastic pin protector (PPP) isn't just to keep it safe during shipping? It actually goes between the board and the CPU, or what? Thanks again to all who replied...
 
Back
Top