Plasma is dead: IPS LCD with black level of 0!

Yawn. I have still to see a tv, ANY TV that matches my Pionneer Kuro Krp500M in PQ in anyway :confused:

Give us that 50inch Oled already

Then you haven't been looking at TV's in the last few years.

I got rid of my Kuro to get a Sammy LED TV that absolutely blows my Kuro out of the water.

I got rid of my Kuro to get a Sammy LED TV that absolutely blows my Kuro out of the water.

What are the chances you just made that up? Pretty high Im guessing.

It would take something truly remarkable to beat a Kuro's overall PQ especially when you consider motion resolution / viewing angles / ansi contrast ratio.

I somehow don't believe you ... at all. Kuro's still have better contrast at this point although local dimming is coming awfully close. Pioneer was years ahead of everyone else in the contrast game.

Perhaps it is perceived contrast due to the LCD colour filters absorbing light, as well as the panel coating being designed to appear contrasty.

Perhaps it is perceived contrast due to the LCD colour filters absorbing light, as well as the panel coating being designed to appear contrasty.

Well none of the panels truly go over say 4-5k static contrast despite there bullshit advertising numbers. Plus its not about just how black the screen can get its also shadow detail. There tons of sets that have pretty awesome contrast values but suck at displaying shadow detail in full range.

I want my oled!

oldCRTmonitor.jpg

I love my plasma tv until OLED hits I doubt an LCD/LED TV will satisfy me but the OLED I saw in the Sony store was brilliant to say the least. As far as monitors go once again I think we common folk are stuck with LCDs for a while longer too.

True full LED array backed local dimming and Kuro are both the best of their technologies, but I'd still much rather have a Kuro for a TV, because of LCD's viewing angle issue.

(Having spent a small fortune on displays in the past and wanting the most value for the money, however, I went for a big screen rear projector last go for the TV room. Still am wowed by the F520 CRT for my computer use...)

Back