Plantronics has Audio 90 analog stereo wired headset on clearance for $9

Ruckus

Hardforum Moderator-in-Chief
Staff member
Does it only have the standard PC sound inputs or does it also have the smaller ones for cordless phones?

Subtotal: $8.95

Shipping: $7.95

Order Total: $16.90

Shipping completely kills it for me since I only need one. Thanks anyways OP.

These are great, I used to have a set and for 16 bucks ...its a bargain.

Amazon reviews...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Subtotal: $8.95

Shipping: $7.95

Order Total: $16.90

Shipping completely kills it for me since I only need one. Thanks anyways OP.

well considering the cheapest I found em for was $30 it still kills any other place selling them.

They used to be $16 at amazon, when they were current models.

Anyhow, I gathered orders from a few friends and coworkers and shipping came out to $11... around $1.50 each. ;) So, its great if you can convince people to get one with you, to save on shipping, lol.

Does it only have the standard PC sound inputs or does it also have the smaller ones for cordless phones?

This is a good question. What connector does it use? Are any adapters included?

EDIT: it doesn't tell you specifically, but the "compatibility guide" will identify specific phones. I found my office desk phone.... and they claim it will work with windows and "popular sound cards" so.... ok.

I grabbed a pair for $25. I was going to order replacement ear cushions for my Sennheisers but it was $11 shipped for them.

umm doesnt it say right at the top
These headsets are compatible with PC sound card input ports only.

Used to have an audio 90. Standard jacks, no usb.

How would you compare these to other headsets out there? For the price, they seem like a great deal especially since I'm pretty much SOL from the Alienware Steelseries 4H order like everyone else who jumped on it.

They were extremely comfortable. I used to have them on maybe 5 hours per day and never had any soreness. The earpads are a very soft cloth. The sound quality was acceptable to me, but then I'm an old guy who's probably lost some of my hearing due to listening to loud music in my youth (too many concerts). I don't know how they compare to other, more expensive headsets because I've never had anything else to compare with. I would have another right now if they hadn't discontinued them. My replacements are the Plantronics .Audio 650's and the earpads on those aren't nearly as comfortable. The only real problem I had with them was the internal cabling for the microphone. The constant repositioning of the boom mike eventually broke the internal wiring after about 2 yrs of use (it was part of the flexing mechanism). The new 650's solved this problem by adding extra wiring in a loop inside the headphone that has no stress on it.

Back