Planning stages: New h20 rig.

Joni Nitro

Gawd
I am in the planning stages to watercool my rig. I have a lot of items already, but my project was put on hold while I did some mods to my Cobra and moved. I have a decent system, and some decent watercooling gear.
My system:
Tagan Black Pearl
Seasonic 700w psu
DFI P35 DK-TR2S
Q6600 G0 Vid 1.1625 @ 3.6 vcore 1.3 with a Zalman 9700
4 X 1gb Cosair Dominator 1066
PNY 8800GTX
2 x 500gb Maxtors in Raid 0

Watercooling items I alread have:
Swiftech 360 radiator
Switech MCP655
D Tek fusion block
7/16 masterkleer runing with 1/2 fittings
8 x Scythe 1900rpm fans

I am sure there are some more items but, everything is packed up becuase I am moving again. This time I will have a place to work though.

Should I look at changing anything in my setup? How much heat will that rad handle? I would like to cool cpu, nb, gpu. Do I need to get the quad nozzles for my Fusion block?

The radiator, with 3 1900 rpm fans running at 12v, will adequately deal with around 400-450w of heat. This is enough for your CPU and your GPU, and most likely your NB as well.

But, 3 fans at 1900rpm aren't really that quiet...

I dont remember exactly but those fans are under 25db each. I know that they will be louder blowing through a rad, but I have a sunbeam fan controller also. Is there are quiter fan/rad combo that will cool as much or more than what I have.

i believe it was in xtremesystems where they mention that the scythe fans were horrible radiator fans. Best to go with yate loons or in your case perhaps from zalman zm-f3 fans

I'd also suggest getting a mcw60 (i think that's the wb for video cards by swiftech) since if you buy a new block for that 8800gtx it would be a waste of money since it fairly old. You should see if anyone is sellign some used ones

I have thought about a 4870 or even the 4870x2 seeing as I only have on pci-e slot on my board. I do some gaming on my rig, but also video editing and benching for fun. I will check out the deal on the fans, thanks.

Back