• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Planning on Getting a Nikon D1 or something

DaCoOlNeSs

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
1,474
well I hope to buy one, I am tired of having to borrow SLRs, it is very annoying. Any advice? Or a better suggestion perhaps?
 
well I know a guy who can lend me some Nikon glass till I buy my own, and I already have a CF card / flash.
 
How much money do you have to spend? You could probably get a D70 or D100 and then some glass for the same price as a D1, and you won't be missing much....
 
I'd probably go for one of the newer, more advanced Nikons. The D70 is great, I have not used the D100 however. Both are $1000 - $1300 depending on what you buy, and then you still have money for a good quality lens.

I think the D1 series are still around $1700 for one?
 
actually, nevermind. I just found that i can buy a Nikon D100 for $1200 and then use the $200 rebate off of Nikons site, and then go buy an MBD100 so I can have vertical shutter release. thanks for the help though!
 
Back
Top