Planning a watercool

Glyphic

[H]ard|Gawd
I've never watercooled before but I would like something more effective than air for my cpu. This is something that looks promising, challenging and maybe fun to try. This is my pc, https://home.comcast.net/~darkraven9/case2.JPG and this is what I think may be possible with some rearranging of some components, (link removed, see below)
I'm thinking with some mods to the case I can prob have the rad go across the top of the case, move my drive down one, remove the lower drive, and place the pump below that, I will have to check the sizes on the pump though, when I decide on one, this is all theory right now, please give me any sugestions/comments you have.

Components-

DangerDen DD12V-D4 Water Pump 1/2"
Danger Den TDX 1/2" Copper Water Block - Pentium4
7 ft ClearFlex
round res from dd
Danger Den Black Ice Micro 80mm Radiator (Black) w/ Customizable Fittings
AS Ceramique

at $210 from dd, is this a good setup?

This one looks better I think, easier to do, http://home.comcast.net/~darkraven9/case4.jpg

alright, filtered through some threads and I'm really wanting to do this now. Looking on dangerden I've decided on a cheap pump, and a relay switch.

DD TDX
1/2 OD, Micro Black Rad
Hydor L35 pump
7 ft ClearFlex60
Round Res
AS Ceramique
pci pump relay from DD

this adds up top $204.39 sounds good to me, how are the l35 pumps?

Heres a pump-off comparison of the more popular Eheim, Hydor ( the L20 and L30 are in there but no L35) and VA pumps from Overclockers.com

The comparison is over a year old but I dont think the pumps have gone through any revisions since then.

Link: http://overclockers.com/articles723/

I got the Via Aqua 1300 for my new WC setup. They can be found for under 20 bucks online and all reports say they perform very well. Havent got it all together yet tho so I dont have first hand experience yet.

Check out the other watercooling articles at Overclockers.com, they have some great ones on Watercooling basics, WC mythes exposed, Building your first WC setup and more. Tons of straight up info.

my fault, little error there, I meant l25 :p

alright dd is starting to confuse me on this, on the pumps list it says l25, but when you create a p4 kit it is listed as a l20 :rolleyes:

For my 1/2" system I have the Laing D4 and it's pretty nice. The cost is a bit prohibitive though, but so far I haven't had any problems with it, and it's not that noisy. It's power to size ratio is great, and it fits in tight areas and places where an Eheim 1250 won't.

Glyphic said:
alright, filtered through some threads and I'm really wanting to do this now. Looking on dangerden I've decided on a cheap pump, and a relay switch.

DD TDX
1/2 OD, Micro Black Rad
Hydor L35 pump
7 ft ClearFlex60
Round Res
AS Ceramique
pci pump relay from DD

this adds up top $204.39 sounds good to me, how are the l35 pumps?

Dont't go with a res because they tend to leak. I was like you and wanted one, but then I heard how bad they where and how expensive they are. Go with a T-line, it will cost like 2 bucks which means you save 28. :D

I have a res and it doesn't leak. It really depends on the res too as well as your installation. Danger Den has a new T-Line and plug that looks pretty nice, plus it's available in four colors to add to that spiffiness.

Pooky said:
I have a res and it doesn't leak. It really depends on the res too as well as your installation. Danger Den has a new T-Line and plug that looks pretty nice, plus it's available in four colors to add to that spiffiness.
plug lookes great, i am working on my set up, i will post pics soon, nothing out of this world, but the plug looks great

hmm, that site doesn't have the 220-p kit, but from looking at other places, newegg's 189.99 is alot cheaper than anywhere else

alright, so I'm gonna be ording that swifttech kit sometime around thurs or firiday, now all I can do is try to figure out where my radiator is gonna go, I've looked at a bunch of different setups, I've seen some which are mounted at the bottom, that would be easy since I can easily fit my pump in the drive bays, or even my floppy bays, the more difficult path would be to mount it at the top of my 3 open cd bays at the top and mod it so the fans can blow, I've also thought about drilling two holes in the top of my case for tubing and mounting the rad externally, what do you think would be best?

Back