Planetside 2

Been there Hoosed that doesn't impress me one bit looks like a MMO the lack of viewable distance thing just pisses me off nobody seems to be playing it at this time of day either.
I think I know what Sony is doing is just experimenting with level design for when Everquest Next comes out.

WTF?

2014-07-08_00025_zps7d03955c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

HOOSSSSSSSSSINNN is FULL =(

Daytime is better for the Map I was Nighttime sucks I seen a Sundee with Nightvision though which was pretty cool.

I for one am thoroughly enjoying Hossin. The variation of terrain is amazing. It supports and kills aircraft at the same time, requiring skill to be useful.

Very infantry friendly, and so far... Sunder friendly, however that will change with time as people learn to counter it through memory.

It makes Indar seem like an open wasteland.

Thinking about trying this game out? I'm not very good at competitive FPS, but I like having fun with the strategy and running around with friends.

Can anyone point me to a quick link on some basics, beginner strategies that is still relevant with latest updates to help me out? Thanks!

I know how to use Google. If I wanted to use Google to find old information about the game that may or may not be relevant anymore I would have done that.

Instead I felt that I would come to a forum that I frequently visit and trust opinions and guidance from other users. So unless you have something beneficial without talking down to someone, move along.

I wouldn't really say PS2 is competitive. It does have a steep learning curve though. It probably takes around 10 hours of play time to start becoming a little bit comfortable.

As a beginner, expect to have a lot of difficulty telling friendly from foe early on. A quick tip - look for a small blue triangle above their head. If there is no blue triangle, fire away. And as far as gun upgrades go, I'd focus on two scopes only : the 1x NV scope and the 2X... forget what it's called, but you still keep your entire field of view with it which is very useful. I don't like the scopes that block away a lot of your vision.

And for graphics : turn shadows off completely. Everything can stay on high/ultra. Shadows really kill performance and just make enemies more difficult to see.

I'd focus on two scopes only : the 1x NV scope and the 2X...

I am fucking invincible with the NV scope. I even use it during daylight. I <3 NV scope!;)

Also get the Sundere upgrade that lets you spawn Sunderes. Placing one in a strategic spot, and everyone starts using your spawn is a great away to gain xp quick.

Yeah I played for 20 min today......if you are a lowbie like me, the BR 100s just rip your ass endlessly.

How the victory point system going?
Any ideas when the first parts of base construction will be in?

This was one of the last MMOs that I thought was pretty good loved the Transport ships and Tanks. I bought my first SSD just for this game.

I think I’ve still got it installed will have to give it a go again with the new update. For whatever reason don’t feel like it ever caught me as much as the first game.

Damn. Prior to the recent activity. The last post was 2016? Wow. This game is remarkable for it's longevity. I have played it for years and would have thought it would be discussed more here.

Damn, time flies. I remember being in awe at the sense of scale of the maps in early days of this game, and flying around in a transport ship with a group on TeamSpeak, landing somewhere, killing everything, getting back on board and repeating the cycle. Good times.

Hard to imagine ever revisiting the game though, unless they had some massive engine and graphical upgrade/overhaul.

It's a unique game. I don't care if the graphics are not top notch. The huge battles are so much fun. Teamwork makes it for me.

Back