Planetside 2

Hmn... Seems like a nice little tool for Biolab defender

you'll be moping the floors with this if you find a nice chokehold to defend, that thing is basically a turret/meat grinder. If a mob is rushing towards you, theres absolutely no better gun to defend with imo

I thought there were 3 maps or continents to this game ? My server seems to always be playing the Indar map only ? Never even seen it rotate to the other continents once yet in two months ?
There are 3 maps. The servers don't rotate them, you have to warp to them. At your warpgate in the exact same room that you spawn at will be 2 terminals on the back wall with planets on their screens (instead of a tank, plane, or gun like the other terminals). Go up to these terminals, hit "E" when prompted, then select the continent you wish to warp to.

There are 3 maps. The servers don't rotate them, you have to warp to them. At your warpgate in the exact same room that you spawn at will be 2 terminals on the back wall with planets on their screens (instead of a tank, plane, or gun like the other terminals). Go up to these terminals, hit "E" when prompted, then select the continent you wish to warp to.

Wow, thanks, never knew that. Two months playing the game, first I heard of this.

Impulse buy during 3x SC day, rarely use it because of the delay, but it absolutely excels during those long standstills where you know your going to die but want to take out as many people as you can before you do. Throw a few grenades if you have cover and then hop out and unload on anything that moves while the enemy group scrambles to avoid the nades. Gotten 5-6 kills several times that way with a bunch of assist xp.
I do the same thing. It is amazing for clearing out rooms. My second loadout is a minigun with extended ammo pack, decimator unguided missile, C4, and a bunch of certs into my armor.

I first chuck a grenade into the room to make everyone scatter and possibly take a couple out. I then flip on the shields, start spinning up the chaingun, and walk into a room with it firing. I never let go of the trigger, and simply move the cursor to the next idiot standing in my way while the gun is still firing. I have cleared out rooms of dozens of guys doing the exact same thing, including MAX's. When all 200 rounds of ammo are spent, I suicide and take out any remaining guys with c4 or the decimator missile. I swear, for 10 seconds you are a gaming god.

Outside of that situation, there isn't many others where the minigun excels. It is supposedly getting a buff in the next patch. It is absolutely terrible for anything over 20meters of distance.

SOE needs to get their shit together, I have started crashing randomly after 52 hours being crash free. It really is getting to the point where I think Sony is trying to milk PS2 by putting in the bare minimum.

SOE needs to get their shit together, I have started crashing randomly after 52 hours being crash free. It really is getting to the point where I think Sony is trying to milk PS2 by putting in the bare minimum.

They took vacation as soon as the game launched for Christmas; word on the inside is that they're going to go guns blazing fixing both bugs and meta-game concerns in January. They're well aware that taking a vacation after an mmo launch is kinda dicey, but they needed the recharge time.

I have faith that they'll put their all into this; the game is already they're highest revenue title yet according to Smedley.

Whether or not their "all" will be enough to fix the concerns of a lot of players remains to be seen, but here's hoping. This is already my favorite game of all time.

Yeah, we had three platoons with six heavies per squad firing those things that night. It creates a huge "no fly" zone over a portion of the map and it's downright beautiful to watch. Even if you don't get kills with them, you deny enemy air and armor access to the actual battlefield without sacrificing squads to burster duty.

Like you said though, absolutely worthless at the individual and perhaps even squad level.

i half heartedly disagree. they're decent at chasing off vanu tanks if you're in a situation where their tanks and your tanks are at a stand off. put 5 of them into one tank you force him to go repair improving your sides situation a tiny bit. you won't get any kills, or rarely at least.

but yeah other than that worthless unless there are a lot of them.

Today I saw enemy zerg wiping out a couple of our NC platoons. I was sitting on top of the very high mountain as a sniper and was able to see the whole battle from there.

Mother Fucking God. That was epic an scary at the same time. I was sniping enemies one by one in the zerg army because I saw them all from above but what my sniper kills could do with the whole zerg?

I was couple time in a NC zerg it was epic, unfortunately laggy as fuck then the zone crashed and most of the gheynus disappeared.

I've been playing this a bit over the past couple days. It seems OK. I second the comment that you really need to get into a good outfit for this game to rock. I joined a platoon that was fairly well organized. When I joined we were getting our asses kicked, so everybody was ordered backed to the NC warp gate for an organized roll out. We formed up in a neat 2 wide tank column with air support. It was pretty epic watching all that roll out in an orderly fashion at once.

I joined an outfit, but so far they suck. They basically just let anyone who joins their public squads in, and as a result there are a lot of idiots as well as kids in there. Also, the platoon leader keeps giving his squad orders over the platoon voice chat. I'm not an some kind of hardcore "elite" gamer, but this is one game where you really need people to not be stupid and have a modicum of discipline due to A) the audience it attracts and B) the shear scale of it.

I hope to find a better outfit, because when you get organized it's ridiculously awesome. And when you're not it's kind of boring tbh.

I'm not an some kind of hardcore "elite" gamer, but this is one game where you really need people to not be stupid and have a modicum of discipline due to A) the audience it attracts and B) the shear scale of it.

I hope to find a better outfit, because when you get organized it's ridiculously awesome. And when you're not it's kind of boring tbh.

Once account-wide unlocks go live, check the Matherson recruitment threads at the official forums. Matherson was the server that all the best outfits decided to roll on (read: not retarded).

holy shit I couldn't listen to him for more than 30 seconds before wanting to stab myself in the brain....

Yeah, some platoon leaders are well organized but booring like hell.
I play for Zhukoh platoon on Miller and leader there just perfect and he plays and orders with passion. Also, the team is very funny. Apparently it was formed from the strangers and many people have so so English including myself. It is is so funny to hear us talking to each other in a fight trying to find a proper words :)

Had a few outfit members swap factions and attempt to hunt us down in south Indar yesterday. They sniped my tank and as soon as we recognized the name they had the whole squad chasing with flashes, lightnights, and me with C4 :p

Today I saw enemy zerg wiping out a couple of our NC platoons. I was sitting on top of the very high mountain as a sniper and was able to see the whole battle from there.

Mother Fucking God. That was epic an scary at the same time. I was sniping enemies one by one in the zerg army because I saw them all from above but what my sniper kills could do with the whole zerg?

I sometimes take become a civilian and just fly around, land, and watch a battle. big bases like tech plants and bio labs have a wonderful light show once captured. Night battles are always amazing. I've seen massive dogfights happen and huge tank lines that stretch forever.

Then I get pumped and join in.

I also had a good change to start small and grow into a squad of friends yesterday. It was refreshing not having to run a platoon. And to top it all off tonight I get to improve at armor and air with the hotshots.

its fun to join up with random squads and see what you find. Both in planetside 2 and dota2 I've joined random squads to find all spanish speakers. Good practice for my broken 7 year out of touch spanish.

Planetside 2 is pretty fun. Especially for a free to play game.

Planetside Patch release notes. Cool!

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...patch-2928.htm

Hey all!

Happy New Year, I hope you all had a great 2012 and are having an amazing start to 2013. On the Planetside 2 we had a pretty **** fantastic 2012, but we're looking forward to even bigger and better things in 2013! I've said before that while 2012 was the year that Planetside 2 launched, 2013 is the year when we're opening up the afterburners and aiming for the stars. After a well earned rest the team is energized and ready to get back to "kicking *** and fixing bugs. And we're all ou--" er, oh yeah, okay, we've still got some bugs to fix.

While we were out we were still paying attention to the forums as well as twitter, reddit, facebook and all the other places you guys interact with us; we've heard a lot of your excellent feedback, ideas, concerns and consternation. One of the biggest goals of our team has been and continues to be listening to our community and following YOUR direction for what this game needs to become. We're going to be talking a lot more about this philosophy in the coming weeks and how community involvement is going to directly impact our development schedule & priorities as we reveal "our" plan for the next 6 months. For now, we wanted to address some of the biggest issues we're seeing come up over and over again, so that's what we're focused on for January's update.

Game development can be messy and there is always the possibility that something from this list may slip or not pass QA, and more details will be released on the specifics of all of these items as we get closer to the patch date, but I wanted to get this info out to all of you as soon as possible, so with that in mind, here are some highlights from what the team is working on finishing up for LU02 which will be released on 1/30/13.

General performance increases, particularly for lower end GPUs
Experience (XP) system enhancements:
Dynamic XP system for player kills, players who have more kills are worth more XP. Freshly spawned players will be worth a fraction of the current kill reward.
Partial damage XP for dealing damage to vehicles that you don't end up killing
Population XP / Resource bonus moved over to continent population instead of global
Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses & population bonuses
Rebalancing of XP rewards to help support tasks
Server transfer token available in Depot
UI changes to emphasize score per minute as a primary metric of player comparison
Sortable columns on outfit management & addition of "last online" column
New weapon type for all empires: SMG
Short period of invulnerability will be added to freshly spawned / revived players - breaks upon game actions such as entering a vehicle or using a weapon.
Dynamic / player configurable colors for minimap & overhead indicators for enemies, friendlies, and squads within a platoon
New Hot Spot system that displays where active fights are occurring on the map
New spawn buildings with more exits, protected balconies and easy roof access to make them less campable.
Tunnel systems for amp and tech facilities to give access from spawn rooms to interior of bases and base walls without having to go above ground.
Making MAXes render more reliably at long distances for players in vehicles
AA improvements, notably flak changes for turrets and skyguards, giving them some better ability to aim, although not drastically impacting their DPS.
Fixes to missiles so that they more reliably detonate and actually blow stuff up
Air vehicle weapon tweaks
Increases to reload speed for certain HE ground vehicle weapons

And of course... lots of bug fixes
Whew, it's going to be a busy month! We know this doesn't address every issue that's been brought up recently but we hope it knocks out some of the big ones. Hopefully you will see from this update (and the feature plan for the next 6 months, when that is revealed) that we're taking your feedback and concerns for the game very seriously. We're here, we're listening and we're committed to continue to work with our community to build the best online game the world has ever seen.
As always, your feedback is very welcomed, here, on reddit, on twitter and everywhere else you may find us.
Cya on Auraxis!
-
Matthew Higby
Creative Director - Planetside 2
@mhigby

Overall, good stuff.

I'm a bit hesitant about the xp nerf though...

I am so hooked on this damn game :) Playing on Helios as Krippkey and driving my Magrider everywhere it should NOT be. If you need some help killing any NC or TR let me know!

So on November 21st there was a post on the PS2 forums where SOE said that they are not even close to being done optimizing the game and that they would be working hard on optimizations. My question is, where are these optimizations two months later? this major patch says nothing so we are going to be waiting at least another month for them to clean up their code.

Hell, in December they talked about how a major optimization that would require a whole new game download was going to be released soon and yet nothing has been said after that.

At this point it looks like SOE is just giving lip service to whatever they think will keep people playing while they come up with little things to try and make people happy instead of fixing the major problems they keep promising to fix.

My question is, where are these optimizations two months later? this major patch says nothing so we are going to be waiting at least another month for them to clean up their code.

Did you read the patch notes? Because it says they are optimizing...

"General performance increases, particularly for lower end GPUs"

im loving this game. tribes 2 is one of my favorite games of all time and planetside 2 just reminds so much of it!

i really hope they are working on optimizing this game because i have three 680 gtxs and still get fps drops to the 40s while in a heavy battle.

The optimizations they talked about have to do with the CPU and the way the game handles threads.

With my setup I run everything on "high" settings and the game is CPU limited.

Word of advice to those who try to cap bio labs by yourself, bring reading materials.

want high fps? Disable shadows (0 in user settings) altogether. Doubled my FPS.

want high fps? Disable shadows (0 in user settings) altogether. Doubled my FPS.

This would help if the problem was with graphics, the problem is with the shitty code the game is running that is causing to the CPU to bottleneck.

Got my TR up to level 41 and last night decided to roll a Vanu character just for fun. At first I was team shooting everyone just because I have been trained by habit to shoot anything on sight that just resembles purple, but now Im a killing machine, hated the Orion at first until I certed NV and FWD grip, man that thing is a solid laser gun now compared to the spread on the Carv, once I lock on to someone just hold trigger and it rarely misses a shot, its like an instant ray of death. Not sure if the server Im on now is noob heavy, but ive never gone on so many kill streaks in a 2 hour span than I did all 41 leverls on my TR, its still TR for life, love the organised platoons and squad leaders on my server.

This would help if the problem was with graphics, the problem is with the shitty code the game is running that is causing to the CPU to bottleneck.

Trust me. In this engine, Shadows are a CPU killer. Give it a try.

I was browsing the PS2 forums and couldn't believe how many "pilots" were crying about this patch. I guess anything that threatens their ability to rain death upon infantry and vehicles unimpeded is the worst nerf that could ever happen.

Edit: I also cant believe how many of the retards try to argue that rocket launchers are working fine and that it is supposed to take an entire squad of anti-air infantry or MAXs to take out any aircraft.

Been playing for the past 3 hours and the skies seemed to clear faster now, not sure if its a result of this or because all of the aces are still asleep. But all I can say is that this was sorely needed for us grunts on the ground.

AA is better now, but Libs are still OP.

I think ESF vs Ground balance is good.

Skyguard still blows.

Played Planetside yesterday and my Skyguard is a beast now. Alone I can scare away most of the enemy air by taking down its health at least to 50%. Two of us on Skyguards is a deadly combination for any aircrafts flying by.

Me happy :)

Also, Liberators does not feel like ruining the game anymore. Or do they still?

Played Planetside yesterday and my Skyguard is a beast now. Alone I can scare away most of the enemy air by taking down its health at least to 50%. Two of us on Skyguards is a deadly combination for any aircrafts flying by.

Me happy :)

Also, Liberators does not feel like ruining the game anymore. Or do they still?

They got nerfed in recent hotfix. Not too bad now.

Just need to get XP per damage for AA and all will be good.

I'm not online right now, but apparently hackers are literally tearing the game apart by placing things like turrets into the warp-gate spawn tubes which cause instant death. They are also moving objects around at insane speeds killing anyone in their path.

Hacking online games is getting ridiculous. What the f*** is the point of it? To ruin my enjoyment and cause me grief? For the lulz? I hope that someone gets sued over this. SOE needs to set a precedent here. :mad:

So long as nobody gets their hands chopped off as punishment...

But yeah, that's ridiculous.

Back