Planetside 2

Where do you increase the draw distance? Was playing tonight in the liberator and enemies were not being drawn until I was within 150m and by then your down from AA

That's actually done by the server; you should be able to see tanks and other vehicles/aircraft just fine from max altitude, but the maximum draw distance for infantry is supposedly around 300 meters.

This gets drastically shortened to as low as 20 meters if the area is swarming with players. They did this because too many people were complaining about terrible frame-rates in beta, but are going to do something about the new situation with the next major patch sometime in January (supposedly!).

Speaking from the point of view of a working joe in The Enclave, we don't have any requirements on playtime at all.

For example, I only log two hours or so during the week - most of our guys are the same. Because we have squads running at any given hour of the day, I can get home from work at 3am and find organized action for however long I'm able to sneak in before hitting the bed.

We run organized ops are from 5 to 11 during weekdays (4 platoons usually!) so I usually miss out on those, but they're an absolute blast to be a part of if you get the chance.

I recommend you give us a shot if you play TR on Matherson; there's no one quite like us.

http://enclaveoilrig.com/newsite/join.php

Having said that, do read the bit about having a thick skin - that's the primary reason the 4chan & reddit kids hate us.
I have been very interested in joining the Enclave having personally fought with them several times.

My only problem with the application is the phrase in the last paragraph that says "We have a set of in-game requirements that members must adhere to..."
Could you explain that phrase?

I have been very interested in joining the Enclave having personally fought with them several times.

My only problem with the application is the phrase in the last paragraph that says "We have a set of in-game requirements that members must adhere to..."
Could you explain that phrase?

Sure! That refers to the required certifications we ask our players to either save up the certs to purchase as soon as possible. The requirements at this time are the S-AMS ability for the Sunderer at 50 certs and Anti-Tank Mines for the engineer at 100 certs.

We used to strongly encourage people to get Mosquito Rocket pods before the nerf as well for the reason illustrated at the beginning of this video:

http://www.twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho/c/1746157 (strong language, probably NSFW, .etc)

Just to reiterate, however, the most important thing to keep in mind with us is that you must have thick skin. Nothing is quite as cancerous to fun as people who get offended at every little comment we make in teamspeak and demand we censor our language : (

Any groups similar to that on Vanu? I'm just getting into PS2 and don't have too much time to dedicate (probably 5-15 hrs a week), but organized groups are *infinitely* more enjoyable than randoms...

Any groups similar to that on Vanu? I'm just getting into PS2 and don't have too much time to dedicate (probably 5-15 hrs a week), but organized groups are *infinitely* more enjoyable than randoms...

How I find organized groups.

1. Join the server
2. Join every squad one by one
3. Finde one that is organized
4. Have fun with them an invite active squade leaders to be a friends
5. Usually squad leaders accept the invitation

Next time I login I first look for a squads with those squad leaders. And usually if I join their squads those are well organized with voip , sticking together, following orders etc.

Has anyone found a way to force a drop from the Galaxy? From what I understood I thought there was a way to force all occupants out in those escape-pod type vehicles?

Has anyone found a way to force a drop from the Galaxy? From what I understood I thought there was a way to force all occupants out in those escape-pod type vehicles?

if you want to force people out, you can by hitting page down for vehicle management and selecting locked and hit apply

also, bailing from a galaxy always provides no fall damage but there isn't ever a drop-pod like you're referring

I think it is a cert.

edit: Looks like they removed the cert since I last looked at the galaxy cert list.

Last edited:

If you're on Matherson, there's the Prox12 outfit. There's usually a platoon playing anytime I get on, and they're pretty good about keeping players together and getting squads to do stuff.

The requirements at this time are the S-AMS ability for the Sunderer at 50 certs and Anti-Tank Mines for the engineer at 100 certs.

Yeah I finally certed into AT mines and they are pretty awesome. It's great being able to blow up an enemy sundy all by yourself in seconds.

I got killed by a vanguard last night, respawned at a nearby base, ran out into the road and slapped down two mines. A minute later who comes rolling down the road but my killer. BAM, double kill + vengeance bonus. Satisfying. :cool:

Yeah I finally certed into AT mines and they are pretty awesome. It's great being able to blow up an enemy sundy all by yourself in seconds.

I got killed by a vanguard last night, respawned at a nearby base, ran out into the road and slapped down two mines. A minute later who comes rolling down the road but my killer. BAM, double kill + vengeance bonus. Satisfying. :cool:

So you drop the mines near the sundy and toss a grenade or something to blow them?

Nope they blow on their own. The sundy can be parked and you have time to throw both before it blows.

I was going to spec into AT mines, but was curious if Claymores would be better.. first?

Thoughts?

It is a horrible feeling when I help finish clearing a base, run over and spawn a flash to get to the next way point, get 20 feet and get blown up by a mine.

Sure! That refers to the required certifications we ask our players to either save up the certs to purchase as soon as possible. The requirements at this time are the S-AMS ability for the Sunderer at 50 certs and Anti-Tank Mines for the engineer at 100 certs.

We used to strongly encourage people to get Mosquito Rocket pods before the nerf as well for the reason illustrated at the beginning of this video:

http://www.twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho/c/1746157 (strong language, probably NSFW, .etc)

Just to reiterate, however, the most important thing to keep in mind with us is that you must have thick skin. Nothing is quite as cancerous to fun as people who get offended at every little comment we make in teamspeak and demand we censor our language : (
LMAO. While I was watching the only thing I could think of was the chopper attack scene from Apocalypse Now.
As far as thick skin...my name is CaptNumbNutz FFS. I don't get insulted, I am an insult.

That is my kind of outfit. I think I will be applying soon.

I was going to spec into AT mines, but was curious if Claymores would be better.. first?

Thoughts?

I think any kind of explosive ius a mist be it claymores, AT mines etc.

I just got Boncing Betty mine for infiltrator and it is very effective. Usually if you place it it is a guaranteed kill.

If you're on Matherson and insist on playing Vanu, I highly recommend Azure Twilight. We make fun of them and they hate our guts as a result, but they're the largest "cohesive" Vanu outfit that we regularly fight during our operations. I'm not sure if they still do this because I haven't seen it for the past couple of weeks or so, but they usually were trying out esoteric battlefield tactics such as coordinating smoke grenade usage with IRNV scopes. This made it so that we couldn't see through the smoke that they placed everywhere but they could. Stuff like that was always neat to fight against.

Just keep in mind that they're a "family friendly" outfit; the exact opposite of the way The Enclave runs things. This could be a plus or a minus depending on your state of mind!

Walmart sells exclusive station cards that include 500 bonus points. So $15 for 6000 station cash when you redeem it on Friday.

are these only available for in store purchase, because the only card I see on their website is the SOE umbrella card and it has no mention of a bonus 500.
I'm only asking because you couldn't pay me to visit my local walmart, everytime I go there they have an assload of checkout lanes but only 4-5 ever seem to be open while the lines have literally 15 or more customers each and no matter what extremity I go to find a secluuded parking space in no mans land, an asshat always manages to park right next to me and ding my car with a shopping cart or something.

Well I have been removing snow for the last 6 hours, and my rinky dink saturn is not going a mile further than it needs to... If someone were to pick up extras I would take them off your hands.... Otherwise meh, ill prolly pick up some points tomorrow.

are these only available for in store purchase, because the only card I see on their website is the SOE umbrella card and it has no mention of a bonus 500.
I'm only asking because you couldn't pay me to visit my local walmart, everytime I go there they have an assload of checkout lanes but only 4-5 ever seem to be open while the lines have literally 15 or more customers each and no matter what extremity I go to find a secluuded parking space in no mans land, an asshat always manages to park right next to me and ding my car with a shopping cart or something.

It's probably in store only. Even if it was online they'd mail you the card so you wouldn't get it in time. If the $15 extra station cash isn't worth it to you to visit a Walmart you could just buy directly from Sony's website on Friday.

It's in store only - there is a thread at cheapassgamer that details it. I would normally link to the thread, but I'm too lazy :(

It's in store only - there is a thread at cheapassgamer that details it. I would normally link to the thread, but I'm too lazy :(

Cheap and lazy? Bad combination. ;)

Haven't had much time on lately, so haven't messed around in PS2. I'd enjoy the game much more in some kind of outfit, however is there any out there that you can just jump in every now and then and follow their tactics/strats? Unfortunately I don't have the time to make much of a contribution, but would still like to be part of an organized effort.

Cheap and lazy? Bad combination. ;)

That's exactly what I thought when I wrote that..sad state of affairs. To make amends, here's the link.

Regarding playing with organized groups, I find the only reliable way (without joining an outfit) is just to peruse the open squads in the social area (where they have descriptions) - generally within 2-3 squads you'll find one that is reasonably coherent.

Don't forget, 15% off vehicle weapons today as well. So cash your cards and save a little extra on those weapons as well.

Please note: the following is a PSA brought to you by other members, I am just repeating it for everyone's benefit.

The triple station cash, 15% off vehicle weapons, and double XP starts at 12am pacific. That is 3am eastern, 2am central, or 1am mountain. Don't start buying before then. There is also server downtime for 1 hour starting at that time for maintenance and to implement the double XP.

Also, Wal-Mart has exclusive SOE Game Cards for $15 with 1500 SC and 500 Bonus SC. Redeem those today after the above times for 6000 SC. Spend $15, get $60 worth of SC...enough to buy all the essentials, and plenty of XP boosters for months. You probably won't have to invest another dime into the game after that. $15 is a meager investment when most games cost $60 nowadays.

Last edited:
i have 3 cards from walmart ready to go.

only planned to get 2, but my sister gave me a 20 instead of a 5 so i ended up getting 3 cards. fiigured what the hell. ill have extra station cash for expansions and new weapon releases and wont have to buy any more cards for awhile

I live in Finland. There is no Wallmart there. Am I doomed? Or can I buy this card from SOE website today to redeam it? :)

You can buy straight from SOE, but you won't get the 500 extra SC that comes from these cards. Either way, you are going to get triple SC.

My walmarts were all out of stock -- so if anyone has a spare walmart 1500+500 card I'm good for $15 paypal or amazon pay -->

Back