Espionage724
n00b
- Joined
- Jul 12, 2011
- Messages
- 7
Mobo: Biostar A880G+
CPU: AMD Phenom X3 720
RAM: 4GB G-Skill DDR3
GPU: Radeon HD 5770
PSU: 480Watt
Cooling: COOLER MASTER Hyper TX3
I was wondering how this computer would fair with gaming? My initial plan is to first try to unlock the 4th core, then from there, overclock to a stable point past 3Ghz. If the 4th core doesn't unlock, then I'll just OC past 3Ghz either way.
I was a bit concerned with the PSU though. On Newegg's PSU thing, it says I would need at a minimum 380 watts. However, the Radeon HD 5770's min on the site says 450 watt. (Newegg's PSU thing lets me input my CPU, GPU, and etc, then it gives me a number). I don't plan on (and can't) crossfire another physical card, however, I can crossfire the Radeon HD 4250 IGP (hybrid crossfire).
I plan on playing games that use Unreal Engine 3, World of Warcraft, Starcraft II, and Crysis 2. The max res on my screen is 1024x768, and I don't quite care for anti-aliasing, so if performance was a concern on those games, AA would be the first thing to go.
So basically, my questions are:
- Would this computer be good for the games I listed? (WoW, SCII, Cry2, Unreal Engine 3)
- Is my PSU a good choice?
CPU: AMD Phenom X3 720
RAM: 4GB G-Skill DDR3
GPU: Radeon HD 5770
PSU: 480Watt
Cooling: COOLER MASTER Hyper TX3
I was wondering how this computer would fair with gaming? My initial plan is to first try to unlock the 4th core, then from there, overclock to a stable point past 3Ghz. If the 4th core doesn't unlock, then I'll just OC past 3Ghz either way.
I was a bit concerned with the PSU though. On Newegg's PSU thing, it says I would need at a minimum 380 watts. However, the Radeon HD 5770's min on the site says 450 watt. (Newegg's PSU thing lets me input my CPU, GPU, and etc, then it gives me a number). I don't plan on (and can't) crossfire another physical card, however, I can crossfire the Radeon HD 4250 IGP (hybrid crossfire).
I plan on playing games that use Unreal Engine 3, World of Warcraft, Starcraft II, and Crysis 2. The max res on my screen is 1024x768, and I don't quite care for anti-aliasing, so if performance was a concern on those games, AA would be the first thing to go.
So basically, my questions are:
- Would this computer be good for the games I listed? (WoW, SCII, Cry2, Unreal Engine 3)
- Is my PSU a good choice?