Plan B is Already in Your Brain

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I do very much like the idea that I am already prepared for my next major screw-up, which is likely to happen at any moment now. However the testing done here seems to be very simplistic. This is still however a great read. Now is clicking this link a mistake?

This finding supports the idea that the brain perceives the world as a series of possible actions and objects to interact with. Having immediately available backup plans likely has tangible benefits, but researchers are still looking into what those benefits are. Gallivan's lab also plans to follow up with fMRI studies to see what motor encoding looks like in the brain.

The benefits are obvious to me. In life or death situations, having a plan B already formulated means you can activate it immediately if plan A fails. If you need to take time to formulate a plan B, you may get killed before you can use it. So early hominids that had this trait were more likely to survive and procreate.

Who needs plan B?

Hold my beer, watch this!

Maybe it's just not for everyone. Darwin Awards exist for a reason. "Fuck Plan B!"

Yep I too thought birth control. How convenient would it be to have it in your head somewhere (the one support by shoulders) and to activate it when needed?

"One sec babe...there! I'M READY!"

fMRI has always excited me. To me, it is the magnifying lense of true brain activity and "thoughts"...one day we will discover the microscope. But even now it is awesome to find true, objective findings instead of the traditional theories of mind.

Back