• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Placing Temp probes...

jnick

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
2,888
I recently got my dad a Lamptron FC5-V2 for Christmas. I plan on installing it this weekend. I'm torn where to place the 4 temp probes? I want them to be useful versus just a "cool feature". My initial thoughts were one by the intakes and one by the exhausts to see what the ambient temps are in those areas. However, that leaves two left over. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
 
All good ideas, however what's the best method of attachment?

Obviously, I cannot put the probe on the CPU heat spreader unless I was to dremel it out (which I'm uncomfortable with!). I know in the past some users have placed it behind the socket on the back of the motherboard for relative temperatures. Would this sufice/is it safe?

Same goes for the GPU. The only pleace I could see being relevant is on the back of the card?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top