• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Place to get Plastic Plated?

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 10, 2000
Messages
6,849
I was wanting to get a couple pieces of plastic Plated in a brushed aluminum finish. I know theres places out there that do that sort of thing but I have no idea of where to look.
 
see if anyone does low-heat powdercoating in a aluminum color. You're probably better off spray painting it and creating the look yourself
 
I was wanting to do the Frame around the side panel window on my computer case, i am adding a few other aluminum pieces and think it would look good if the frame matched the ther pieces. The thing is it has Gigabyte Molded into it and it would be really hard to get that part looking good with film. I guess I could try it out, its only $9 after all.
 
Go with the Spray. "Plating" plasic is nearly impossible. Some places can coat the parts with a metalic material and get the plating material to stick, but often it can't be done.
 
digital_exhaust said:
Can you sand the Gigabyte logo flat, or did you want to keep it?
Problem is that it is recessed so it cant be sanded down. I have thought that I could use the film and carefully cut out the logo/brand, it is large enough but if I make a mistake it will look like crap and I will have to buy another piece and start over.

I see plastic that has been plated all over the place, on toys and electronics. most of it is a shiny chrome finish but I also have seen brushed aluminiim finishes as well, its not real metal, not sure what it is but I know it can be done and it is durable as its used on electronic buttons and dials all the time.
 
Back
Top