place to buy cheap Q9550?

StRiFeXD

Weaksauce
Hi, I was wondering where were good places I could purchase a Q9550 that delivers. I know microcenter has them for 170, but I live nowhere near any of them conveniently =[

Thanks!

Ask someone on the forums to buy you one. I was lucky enough to have someone do that for me for about $200 total. :)

Try ebay?

For new CPUs (and especially Q9550/i7-920), MicroCenter is darn tough to match, let alone beat, especially brick and mortar. I am *finally* in the position to pull the trigger myself on one (via a raid on my rainy-day fund), and they had the best price of anyone (over $100 less than the Egg, for example), I bought my current CPU (and most of my current parts) at either Rockville or Fairfax. Their one failing as of late - surprisingly, it's midrange graphics cards from XFX (Best Buy, of all folks, is stealing MC's lunch, not just in terms of price, but availability as well).

I will sell you mine for $200. :p

Just kidding. I am trying to get an i7 920 for under $200 which should be possible if I am patient. The lowest I have seen this week was ~$202.50US including shipping. After I acquire that and mobo + mem, I probably am selling my Q9550.

I know its $179 at MC but that is a 2 hour drive away from here in Pittsburgh PA unless I can convince a friend or family member that lives much closer to pick one up for me and priority mail it.

Last edited:
Back