• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

pl/isql

jonneymendoza

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
6,415
hello, is their a version of oracle that has only pl/isql plus in it? i had the 10g version and that thing slooooowwwwwwwed down my pc
 
PL/SQL I presume you mean, but to put it simply not really, Its the language that powers oracle.

If this is just for learning you might want to consider Oracle 8/9, 10g is intended for use on Grid Networks (ie lots of boxes powering Oracle) from what I gather, 8 and 9 were "designed" for stand-alone servers.

I used 8i when I was at college, even it slowed down mc Laptop, but hey its a laptop so I kinda expected that, should not be too bad on a PC with decient CPU and ram.

If you allready have a DB running somewhere with access you can install the tools without the DB back-end which would reduce the load.
 
Back
Top