• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PK5-E/WIFI - No Sound

Prick

n00b
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
5
Is anyone familiar with this MBO? If so, I was hoping to get some insight...For some reason, when booting, I get no beep (indicaing POST)...It boots fine and launches Vista. You would assume that the BIOS would produce it's own audible...Any help would be appreciated...
 
Uhhh... I have this motherboard and have never heard it make a beep noise booting. I don't think it's suppose to beep unless there's a problem...
 
did you plug in the speaker line of your case into the speaker portion of the front panel jumpers? does your case even have a speaker to output bios beeps.
 
My case has no speaker...But I think the beep originates from the bios and not from an external speaker...Believe it is built into the motherboard...

Wopsang, thanks for the information. You must be correct since you have the same Mobo...
 
The motherboard beeps like crazy if things aren't plugged in properly and there's no need for a case speaker for the beep to come out.
And the only time I really heard a beep come out of the motherboard from a cold boot, or a boot in general is from my cousins computer... which was brand new... back in 1992.

Don't worry about this stuff, if it boots Windows fine, you're in the clear. But be careful with this motherboard... it's delicate. You don't want to go through a RMA nightmare like I did.
 
Thanks...I just recently upgraded my system so I was outta the loop in regards to all this new hardware...The last time I made a computer purchase was 6 years ago and all the mbos beeped at startup...I was still runnung a pentium 3 :eek: This quad core is slightly faster :p
 
Back
Top