Pixel Issue

mercury529

Limp Gawd
Hey Guys,

I got my FP241VW yesterday. So far I am quite impressed. Thanks to 10e for an excellent color profile.

I do seem to have one pixel issue on the monitor however. When on a white background, the pixel is red. When on the Windows Classic blue background, it is a darker blue. When on a black background, the pixel is black. It seems to me that only the red portion of the pixel is stuck. The green and blue seem to be functioning properly. Would you agree with that assessment?

Will stuck pixel removal techniques work on this type of pixel? What would you recommend I try first? I have never had to unstick a pixel, so personal preferences are welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Anyone here know if the symptoms I am describing would indicate a stuck pixel?

Thanks again.

I don't think it can be repaired. Maybe a few years back some iof these "stuck" pixels could be "persuaded" to live, but with nowadays QC, I doubt manufacturers would let such enter the market.

The Green and Blue actually fire correctly. On a white background, they are completely off. On a black background, the pixel is black (indicating they are firing). On a Windows Classic Blue background, they fire but it is darker than you would expect the blue to be (presumably because the red is firing at full).

I had a stuck pixel with 2 planar and 2 NEC 26" LCD monitors, I was trying to repair it but didn't have any luck. I returned it to CDW. I don' think that is repairable either so don't waste your time anymore, just return it.

Back