Pixel Buds and iPhone X

|-Goku-|

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all, I purchased some Pixel Buds earlier this month, as I liked the way they looked, and I liked the wire between the two buds. I have been searching for a good wireless solution for a while.

I received my Pixel buds and I enjoy the fit, but when it is paired with the iPhone, the sound is very underwhelming. Even with the Volume at MAX, it doesn't sound loud at all. I paired it with my friends Pixel 2 today, and they sounded much better, most likely because they are both Google products.

To test, I ended up purchasing a pair of AirPods, and they sound much cleaner(Not as good of bass as the Pixel Buds), but they also have a louder volume.

I'm not sure if I should try anything else with the Pixel buds or return them.

Any insight or suggestions would be welcome.

Side note: Please don't post if you are going to start an Android vs iPhone flame war

Pixel Bud are badly reviewed. So I say return them. Go for Bose Sound Sport (*correction), Bragi The Headphone, or something else instead.

Last edited:
I would have to agree with what CHANG3D just said: I personally haven't seen a favorable review of those Pixel Buds yet and most reviews do nothing but point out their failure to do their designed task as well as competing products do. Can't recommend anything else out there, however, that you'll have to handle on your own I suppose.

You might want to look into Apple's BeatsX. Same tech as the AirPods, but better sound and that behind-the-neck cord to keep them together.

You might want to look into Apple's BeatsX. Same tech as the AirPods, but better sound and that behind-the-neck cord to keep them together.

They have the W1 chip too. That alone is worth it if you are an iphone user.

They have the W1 chip too. That alone is worth it if you are an iphone user.

That was my experience. Fast pairing, reliable connection, easy to switch between Apple devices (say, an Apple Watch when you go to the gym).

Back