• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Pittsburgh Modders

malingjc

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
1,602
Hey guys. I wanted to throw an idea out and perhaps more of an ask for help/experience in making odd mods.

My story begins here.

My cousin was on the design team for Pentium Pro up through Pentium 4. Someone donated a computer the other day that has the hopelessly outclassed, but still working Pentium Pro 200MHz processor in it, with a whopping 128mb of FPM simms. Wimpy and probably a waste of time, but it is a piece of history so I wanted to make a custom modded case, perhaps from scratch for the great "Pentium Pro" (P6).

I am certainly no artist, but I like brushed aluminum and generally go for black cases. I was thinking of masking P6 (in italics) over the top, and air spray the rest of the top and bottom black, leaving the rest silver.

Anyway, any ideas, and anyone around Pittsburgh who has an air-painting kit who would help?

Thanks a lot.

Joe
 
Is it going to be for yourself or some type of charitable donation? If its the latter, you might want to try posting an ad at the Art Institute downtown. We have an Industrial Design and a Visual FX department, they might be interested in helping out. Just a suggestion.
 
For myself. I might send it off to my cousin once I find no futher use for it as a piece of history for him..heh.
 
Back
Top