Pinnacle Studio 9 problem.

Dallows

Supreme [H]ardness
I've got a problem, when I burn an mpeg movie to dvd using pinnacle 9 and try to put in a dvd player, the burned disc doesn't show, as if it wasn't burned at all. I'm using DVD+R.

Pinnacle Studio is one of the worst pieces of software I've ever used.

haha, something you might recommend other than thread crapping?

Sorry. I just have to vent; it's really the biggest peice of junk in the world. I dropped it and went with the Adobe products and I've never turned back.

Is a "DVD player" a standalone player? Or do you mean in the DVD drive in your computer? Will it play in your DVD drive, or not?

If it plays in your computer, and not in your standalone DVD player, then odds are you're using a media that the standalone player doesn't recognize. Some can't play DVD+R, some can.

Have you tried other players?

That okay, could you name the software you use currently? or did you? I tried it in a standalone which wouldn't read it and the computers dvd-rom. We burned two copies cause we thought maybe the first was messed up, but they both did the same. I updated windows media player to 10 and then tried it again. At that point on the computer it seemed liek it read the disc as a movie dvd but when it went to load it into the player it would just hang or freeze windows media player. The files show up when you open the drive in windows explorer too.

Dallows said:
That okay, could you name the software you use currently? or did you? I tried it in a standalone which wouldn't read it and the computers dvd-rom. We burned two copies cause we thought maybe the first was messed up, but they both did the same. I updated windows media player to 10 and then tried it again. At that point on the computer it seemed liek it read the disc as a movie dvd but when it went to load it into the player it would just hang or freeze windows media player. The files show up when you open the drive in windows explorer too.

I switched to the Adobe products: Premire Pro, Encore DVD, and so on. In fact, I bought the Video Collection suite. It works great. The downside? It took a little learnin', and it is expensive.

You can try Windows Movie Maker.

Meanwhile, either ther's a problem with your DVD writer or with your software. I think it's your software because I really don't like the Pinnacle stuff. But you can try some things to see if it's really your DVD player.

DVD players are quite cheap; you might buy a new one and see how it goes. I like the Samsung ones, which cost about $50 on newegg.com.

You might try burning a DVD ROM using more reliable software, like Nero. Just throw some data on the disc; what happens? Can you read it back? In fact, with the video discs you've burned, can you read any data from them at all?

I've used some DVD and CD writers that won't read the disc they just burned unless you remove it, close the tray, open the tray, then reinsert the disc. But you've probably already done that.

Back