Pink cold cathode :(

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Where can i get a good RED cold cathode? The one I have now is pink and ive seen some that are much more red then this one. All I need is the bulb.

I have had the same exact problem with my case, couldnt find any good red CCs. I just found a pretty decent one! SVC has them in 6" and they are the best iv had out of CoolerMaster and Sunbeam. Make sure you get the SVC CC's not the the Sunbeams. If you have some that are pink, you can go and put red/rose plastic wrap around them lol, iv done it...no where near as nice as the SVC's but suggestion.

Hope this helps! :)

the PC Toys CCFL's at SVC are really red - I had some of those a long time ago, then switched to the SVC Sunbeam blue, they are much more pale and not nearly as bright

The SVC CCFL (branded) and the PC Toys ccfl are the same. They are Lamps Electronics made. IF you want the best, get those

What about Startech or FMI? I see that compusa carries those and they are a local store. I think i saw PC toys cold cathodes at Frys.

You could go to just about any craft store and get some red cello gift basket wrap (about 2.49 for a huge roll of the stuff). Wrap your tubes a couple of times and you will see a noticeable difference. It still won't be 100% deep dark red but it won't be pink either.

If you really want a deep red, go with streetglow neons.

get a red neon light... neon = true red

I bought a Modware Red Cold Cathode from Best Buy, it's REALLY bright, but not that red.

It's hard to find a GOOD Cold Cathode.

I bought a Modware Red Cold Cathode from Best Buy, it's REALLY bright, but not that red.

I had one of those but It went right back to the store. Two reasons, cost was way to jacked up, and it was bright pink. CompUSA brand does better.

I had one that was pink also. I went to a Michael's craft store and bought some dark red cellophane. Three wraps of that around the light darkened that sucker right up.

Originally posted by DJDishwateR
CompUSA sells the PC Toys brand, thats where I got mine from.

Yeah I saw that today.. and they were all out of RED!! I did see the CompUSA brand cathodes but wasnt sure if they were gonna be pink also so I just stuck with the one I have. Im gonna try the red cellophane wrap trick first!

Went to crafts store and picked up some dark red cellophane. Holy crap at the difference... its VERY VERY dark compared to what it was. Im not even gonna bother getting another cathode now.. I cant imagine it much darker then this.

Just about every red CCFL that I have ever seen, was pink :mad: . After I got mine from SVC I went to my local auto parts store and bought a roll of 2 inch wide red brake light repair tape, cut it to the length of the CCFL, and wrapped it around the bulb. The red CCFL is a true red now.

hey, i got a pctoys svc red/green split cathode. (just the lamp) that i dont use

i highly recommend buying from svc.com, a dua cathode kit for under 6 buck,s hehe=D, in yourface 30-dollar for the same thing compusa.

Back