• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Pin Assignments for SB Live!

Gen.Viper

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
160
Hey, I'm making a HTPC mod, and I have a slight problem. I plan on using my old SB Live! X-Gamer to provide audio out for the time being, and need to know (in plain english) what the pin assignments for the AUD_EXT connector on the back of the card are. I at least plan on using a volume control knob, a mic in, and headphone in. This is a link to the pinouts from the creative website, but they may as well not be there at all for all the good they do me. :( Does anyone know what the assignments are, in some way that could be a bit more meaningful? I hear Mister X has answered a few of these type threads, but I couldn't find any of them. Thanks for the help!
 
Well, the pinouts in the user manual are the same as those from the link. And they're not terribly helpful to try and figure out what pins to hook up mic in, headphones, etc. :-/
If anyone might have some idea what all the technical gibberish might mean in terms of that, it would be appreciated.
And thanks for the info Mister X :)
 
And they're not terribly helpful to try and figure out what pins to hook up mic in, headphones, etc. :-/

That is because there are no analog conenctors on that header.... and as such you cannot connect your front pannel IOs to it like that
 
Back
Top