Pimax Crystal: Pimax's answer to compete with Varjo Aero (Premium on the cheap....er)

In general yes. This is the first headset I can look at fine graim stuff like documents or spreadsheets and not be annoyed.

However if you're referring literally to the software Virtual Desktop then no the developer hasn't committed to officially supporting Crystal yet, due to what he called "having such a small market size.". Crystal may still work with VD, i haven't tested the app yet.

Probably waiting for the wireless mode to engage in the development.

The awaited Auto-IPD and Eye Tracking firmware update released a few days ago. Works very well, and no longer have to fiddle with manual IPD adjustment when letting friends demo the headset.

1694548295091.png

I got my Crystal too.

After the Eye tracking update i must say, this is the best HMD ever. Ultimate clarity and everything working as it should.

I'm impressed !

Rumor has it Pimax will be releasing two new versions of the Pimax crystal and both versions will be PCVR only. These versions will be minus the battery and the stand alone VR hardware meaning much less weight/mass. The headsets will be released in Q2 and Q4 with the Q4 version sporting micro oled 4K panels. IMO this was the way to go in the first place but ..... Anyway time will tell.

Back