Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not swayed yet

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

lostinseganet

[H]ard|Gawd

Pimax said there was going to be a get together in Jan 2022 and an intro to the headset but it did not happen.
Now pimax answers questions on MRTV - MIXED REALITY TV. Were you swayed?

Last edited:
I remain skeptical or cautiously hopeful. The whole thing seems crazy, especially the trade-in program but on the other hand it is clear that Meta rules the VR space and PCVR is not doing so good. This is a clear attempt at stealing Project Cambrias thunder, get as huge userbase as fast as possible and if it fails Pimax is going bye-bye. 🤔 This is my theory at least.

I would like to buy one but I do not have 2000+ to spend, I am waiting for the possible non-flagship models. I do not need that huge FOV and 12K resolution.

If it's not a paper tiger, it could be THE headset to have (coming from an Aero user)...Have to wait for reviews. It is encouraging they have what appear to be near final working prototypes. What isn't encouraging is that they appear to have a lot of work to do on the software/firmware, which has never been their strong suit....

If it's not a paper tiger, it could be THE headset to have (coming from an Aero user)...Have to wait for reviews. It is encouraging they have what appear to be near final working prototypes. What isn't encouraging is that they appear to have a lot of work to do on the software/firmware, which has never been their strong suit....

Agreed. The specs look great if they actually deliver. But there's obviously a lot more to a headset than just specs. And the longer this takes to come out the less impressive it will be.

New headsets in development are using pancake lenses and they'll be much, much smaller. They'll barely protrude past your nose so they'll not only be lighter, but all the weight will be much closer to your head. It's going to make a huge difference and no one will want a cumbersome hammerheadset like this. Especially for active VR games where you actually move around, which is kind of a huge deal for VR.

I often hear lots of chatter about pimax has this issue and that issue and they just suck. The commenters often do not or have never owned a pimax HMD but state I have seen the reviews and this or that sucks. Having owned my 5K super for over a year now I gotta say I couldn't be happier with it. Yes it took awhile for the pitool and steam VR and graphics drivers software to mature and make it perfectly functional with little to no hiccups but as with any new tech there are growing pains to test your patience. Granted Pimax does overstate their specs but the application of common sense is all that's required to see through the hype and be realistic in your expectations. I tried my old rift s again the other day and I felt like I was looking through a pair of cheap binoculars compared to my usual 150 degree FOV and 3080 X 2632 res per eye setting in steam. I get a very steady 90 fps and really good image quality in Il2 for vintage dogfighting at these settings.☺

I often hear lots of chatter about pimax has this issue and that issue and they just suck. The commenters often do not or have never owned a pimax HMD but state I have seen the reviews and this or that sucks. Having owned my 5K super for over a year now I gotta say I couldn't be happier with it. Yes it took awhile for the pitool and steam VR and graphics drivers software to mature and make it perfectly functional with little to no hiccups but as with any new tech there are growing pains to test your patience. Granted Pimax does overstate their specs but the application of common sense is all that's required to see through the hype and be realistic in your expectations. I tried my old rift s again the other day and I felt like I was looking through a pair of cheap binoculars compared to my usual 150 degree FOV and 3080 X 2632 res per eye setting in steam. I get a very steady 90 fps and really good image quality in Il2 for vintage dogfighting at these settings.☺
You play Finnish?

Cool thnx for the link. No haven't participated but will definitely be looking into it. Still trying to complete a bunch of free campaigns found here.

Back