• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Pidgen (IM) question

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 29, 2009
Messages
9,223
In MSN, I see people sometimes have a saying under their name, how would I do this in pidgen? Microsoft will be discontinuing their service, so I need a way to tell all my contacts to add me to gmail, but I don't want to broadcast it globally so it goes to those already in gmail. What is the best way to do this?
 
Im not sure that you can actually do it through pidgin, but you can log into hotmail.com (now owned by MS). If you do it should open you to a dashboard kind of layout with the MS Messenger pic on the upper left (or if it kicks you to the inbox, lower left is Home, click that) next to it should say 'Share something new" or whatever your last status message was.

If you click it you can add a new status message thatll show up bellow your username to the other users in messenger.
 
No go, I don't see that option anywhere. I'm at my inbox, I don't see anything to go home. I do see the messenger thing on the right side where I can send a message but it has no other options.

This is what I get:



If I click my name I get a few options to change my name, address etc but that's about it. It feels like I'm missing lot of options actually, or I somehow got redirected to the wrong place maybe.
 
Back
Top