Pictures not Loading on some sites? Firefox only.

In the past few days (don't remember it happening on Friday) I have notived many pictures are not loading.

I have an example but it is not 56K friendly because there are almost 100 pictures.
LINK HERE

None of the pictures load for me. The standard NASIOC forum layout loads fine though. Also the [H] loads fine too.

Here are some specs and things I have tried.

SPECS: Windows XP PRO x64, Firefox 1.5.0.1, nVidia Firewall was set at Low filtering, now set to Anti-Hacking only (no difference). Road Runner Cable, to Cable Modem, to D-Link DGL-4300 (Gamers Lounge Router) to Gigabit onboard LAN (MSI K8N NEO Platinum).

I tried a restart, I cleared my cache, and I am up to date as far as I can tell on the Windows Updates.

MORE:
With Windows Internet Explorer (both x64 and normal 32 bit) the photos load. It seems to be a firefox only problem. I do not remember changing anything in any of the Firefox settings recently nor do I remember doing any updates or extensions.

The page loads quickly, it would take much longer to load if it actually loaded the pictures. For whatever reason it is choosing not to load them in FireFox. This is not the only website this has happened on.

I think I gave enough info to kill a small librarian there, but can answer any questions.

CLIFFS NOTES: Images that Load in Internet Explorer, don't load in FireFox. Not limited to one specific site.

Did you somehow set Firefox to only load images for the originating website only?

Nope, but thanks!

I did, somehow, have about 15 websites on the "Block images from.." list.
Only one of those can I remember and it was only because they loaded slow as hell.

I think is is because of how the "Block images from" is near Save Image, Properties and Set as Desktop Backgound. That is my only guess as I did not add most of those willingly.

Thanks though, by checking for that problem I found the true problem.

Try increasing Firefox's cache size. Go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cache and increase to a size a little more reasonable. I believe the default is 50 MB. If this doesn't fix your problem, it'll at least help on some other sites. I've got mine set to 200MB.

Back