Picture of text on a 25"-28" 1920X1080 monitor, please?

sk8inrj1

n00b
Hi,

If you have a monitor from roughly 25" to 28" in size and it is a 1920X1080 resolution monitor, could you please snap a picture of some text from a website and post it? I am in the market for a monitor / TV in this size and just want to know if 1920X1080 is good enough for 90% non-gaming computer use.

Thanks in advance.
Rob.

Most apps will allow you to change the size of text to anything you want.

What's the size and resolution of the monitor you're using now? If you're increasing both, there probably won't be much of a difference.

I currently use the 150% text size on my 1080P 15.6 laptop screen and 100% text size on my 1440X900 19" monitor.

Text size is not really crucial, but text quality is what I'm after.

Mine is 1920x1200 and is a 27" display. Text size is pretty big. Want to see a photo?

yes please.
What monitor do you have by the way? Do you like it?

Last edited:
I currently use the 150% text size on my 1080P 15.6 laptop screen and 100% text size on my 1440X900 19" monitor.

Text size is not really crucial, but text quality is what I'm after.

For quality, you want to research your brand and model. A large display has nothing to do with quality.

I want a large monitor with good text quality, whats wrong with asking about text quality on a large monitor?

Because a photo won't tell you much. I was going to have taken one, but am missing my usb cable. Truth is, text looks great on any lcd monitor, even the cheap crappy ones. It's just about the easiest possible thing to display - black on white and stationary. Even a shitty TN panel can manage that, and the text won't even shift in color very much if you move your head on a TN. Color temperature doesn't have to be accurate, either- actually it can be straining on the eyes to look st the brilliant white of 'correct' color temperatured light.

I was surely dissapointed in my attempt to look at monitors in a store. I went to costco and all their monitors were displayed off a splitter on one computer and native resolution of the monitors were not available in the resolution options. Then I went to best buy and their biggest monitor was only 23".

Back